Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (59 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Nothing new. We will keep hyping his "crunch" tackles and "heart" even though he's got 2 brain cells in his head and move the ball like a total retard.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I have to see the replay but I'm pretty sure that is 100% the keeper's ball and Buffon is way late to it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I thought he should have either cleared the ball away or let Buffon collect it since it looked like he was closer to it than Ronaldo. He chose the worst option, just slightly touching the ball before Buffon..

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
No he wasn't late. He was literally just about to catch it. But Giorgio is smart.
He should catch it at the top of the box. It's a through ball from miles away. Again, I have to see the replay but a through ball from such a distance can't get near the penalty spot. That's unthinkable from the keeper.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He should catch it at the top of the box. It's a through ball from miles away. Again, I have to see the replay but a through ball from such a distance can't get near the penalty spot. That's unthinkable from the keeper.
LOL! Man watch the replay. That's not on Buffon.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
LOL! Man watch the replay. That's not on Buffon.
Actually it is mostly Buffon's fault after I watched the replay. If you think the keeper should be catching the ball at his penalty spot from a through ball from that far away then you're insane.

Next up it's Chiellini's fault but at least he has an excuse of the rain + Ronaldo on his shoulder.

If you tell me Buffon should catch that ball on his penalty spot instead of the top of the box, which avoids the entire situation, then you have never played the sport seriously.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Actually it is mostly Buffon's fault after I watched the replay. If you think the keeper should be catching the ball at his penalty spot from a through ball from that far away then you're insane.

Next up it's Chiellini's fault but at least he has an excuse of the rain + Ronaldo on his shoulder.

If you tell me Buffon should catch that ball on his penalty spot instead of the top of the box, which avoids the entire situation, then you have never played the sport seriously.
:lol: ok

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Ederson takes the ball down with his chest 3 metres outside his box. Another keeper catches it at the top of the box. Buffon catches it at the penalty area. Clear, clear mistake.

Chiellini has blame as well but like I said, at least he has a thought of an excuse.

For you to place no blame on Buffon is shocking.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Ederson takes the ball down with his chest 3 metres outside his box. Another keeper catches it at the top of the box. Buffon catches it at the penalty area. Clear, clear mistake.

Chiellini has blame as well but like I said, at least he has a thought of an excuse.

For you to place no blame on Buffon is shocking.
This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)