Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (27 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And that was the only genuine yellow card up until that point of the game. The AS one especially was a con job by Trippier, which is a great name for a diving bastard.

In other breaking news Chiellini can defend.

- - - Updated - - -

Now then, now then.

Holy fuck.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
And that was the only genuine yellow card up until that point of the game. The AS one especially was a con job by Trippier, which is a great name for a diving bastard.

- - - Updated - - -

Now then, now then.

Holy fuck.
Dafuq? Spurs Saville and we are the little girl?

:lel2:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Now then, now then.

Holy $#@!.
2:

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Not only did he get stuck in but also spoke English afterwards so Brits are on a Chiellini fapping overload.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Chiellini: 'Juventus found our hunger’ | Football Italia

Giorgio Chiellini admits Juventus “didn’t have the same old hunger” at the start of this season but “we looked each other in the eyes and said 'this is not right’.”

The Bianconeri fought back from a goal down to beat Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday night, seen very much as a triumph for experience and know-how.

“It’s true that the Italian old guard is always there, but other players deserve credit too,” Chiellini told Sky.

“There’s also [Stephan] Lichtsteiner who has been here since the first Scudetto and [Kwadwo] Asamoah who arrived for the second.

“After the first period of the season in the league where we were probably a bit satisfied, where we didn’t have the same old hunger we’ve found ourselves.

“We looked each other in the eyes and said 'this is not right, we have to change’.

“A team cannot disregard their Coach, just as the Coach cannot disregard the team.

“I’d say it [the win at Wembley] was very emotional, for us and for all of our fans.

“Then I’d say it was passionate, given that to qualify in a double-header it takes a lot of passion.

“After that lucidity, since we were aware of the difficulties of this game but we never lost our calm and focus.

“We waited for Tottenham to grant us something, and it happened.”

Attentions now turn back to the Scudetto race, with the Bianconeri just a point behind Napoli with a game in hand.

“We’ve always been behind so far, we hope to go ahead on Sunday, even for a few hours because we’re playing first so we have a chance to take the lead and then we’ll see after that.

“It will be a very difficult week, because we’re facing dynamic physical teams and we’re coming off a period where we’ve expended a lot.

“We spent Wednesday evening celebrating, then yesterday [Davide Astori’s funeral] was very tough for most of the group.

“I think from today though we’re all very focused on Sunday because this week will be… I don’t want to say decisive, but very, very important for the League.”

The centre-back was also asked about two of his teammates, Paulo Dybala and Gigi Buffon.

“Paulo just has to keep doing what he’s doing,” Chiellini said.

“He’s a golden boy, now he’s started scoring again but we never had any doubts.

“As for Buffon, he’s thinking of nothing but the pitch at the moment. We have too important a period ahead of us.”

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Grande Chiello! :D :hellyes:

Carragher: 'Nobody like Chiellini'

Jamie Carragher penned an impassioned tribute to Giorgio Chiellini after Juventus beat Tottenham Hotspur. “England have nobody like him.”

Although Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala got the goals, former England and Liverpool midfielder Carragher hailed another hero.

“Where is England’s Chiellini?” wrote the pundit in The Telegraph newspaper.

“Who among the centre-backs in Southgate’s squad could produce a performance of Chiellini’s calibre in that last 20 minutes against Spurs at Wembley on Wednesday night? There is nobody close.

“That is a worry going into the World Cup. When England find themselves under pressure, holding on to a lead in a tight game, who will step up like the Juventus centre-half?

“Whatever happens in the CL this season, Chiellini’s reaction when intercepting the cross from Tottenham’s Son Heung-Min will be one of the competition’s enduring images. It made me jump out my seat and applaud the TV. Then the celebration between Chiellini and (Gigi) Buffon. I loved it.

“Dybala may have scored the winning goal, but I am sure everyone in that dressing room was thanking Chiellini.”

The 33-year-old has been with the Bianconeri since 2005, but sadly won’t get a chance to shine at the 2018 World Cup because Italy failed to qualify.

“Chiellini’s performance made me realise what I miss most about playing. He would have slept soundly on Wednesday night after his masterclass in organisation and resilience during those last 20 minutes.

“As the game entered the closing stages, I said to my son: ‘Just watch Chiellini. Watch everything he does.’”
Link - http://app.football-italia.net/index.htm#article/footballitalia-118305&menu=news-all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)