Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (45 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Let me rephrase: "All our starters or close to be starters scored this season, wasn't it great?" If you still don't get it, look at my user title
Reported. You are on this forum for one reason only and it is getting tedious. I hope you're getting banned soon. In the meantime I'm putting you on my ignore list.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
got the pink faced freckled ginger in his back pocket for 90 minutes straight. @lgorTudor
...and since there was still some space left - he put in Lukaku aswell. great display :tup:

:hihi: Lukaku

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone read this Chiellini interview. Fantastic stuff! :heart:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/13/giorgio-chiellini-italy-euro-2016

The first bit of it:

Giorgio Chiellini is probably not the man you think he is. Nor, indeed, the animal. The Juventus and Italy centre-back has a well‑earned reputation as a footballing bully, brute and brawler. He has broken his nose four times, been sent off five times and pulled opponents’ hair along the way. He pounds his chest with closed fists when he scores and characterises himself on his own website as a cartoon gorilla.

All of which is rather hard to reconcile with the softly spoken master’s student sitting opposite me in a sensible jumper and buttoned-up shirt, telling me how Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s book, The Little Prince, helped his younger self to fall in love with reading.

“It’s true,” he chuckles when I point out the discrepancy between his on- and off-pitch personas. “I met [Álvaro] Morata’s mum the other day, we had a train journey together, and she said the same thing: ‘When I saw you playing I never thought that you would turn out to be so calm and such a sweetie!’ That has always been my character – on the pitch I have a strong temperament, but off the pitch I’m more serene, reflective. I manage to separate out those two things.”
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)