Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (42 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Barzagli was good, bonucci was even better, cant help but think on both occasions chiellini would have made it harder for them to score by rushing into rakitic or staying on suarez.

Not to say we would have not conceded in other ways tho... I missed him especially everytime suarez was rolling on the ground, although Bonucci did fill in by kicking the shit out of him several times..

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Barzagli had 5 1v1's.

2 with messi, 2 with neymar, 1 with suarez

He came out on top every time.

Messi tried a dribbeling maze twice against Bonucci. First time Bonucci succesfully kept the clear shot blocked, second time he held him off and made a sliding to force messi into corner, but messi ran out with the ball.
Our central defence, was a piece of art. Evra, was excellent. Licht was average but we know why, and seriously improved second half.

We lost it in the central midfield. Pogba wasent close to his form and fitness. Marchisio is 0 effective against barcelona in that position. Pirlo was the gigantic hole in wich :
1 goal 1 he stepped out and rakitic stepped in and vidal was to late but pirlo didnt bother correcting. second goal was a boulevard in the center. So much trough the center each time.
Vidal was beasting, but alone.

No, the best cb couple tonight played

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Im not trying to argue against either one zach, calm down. Its obviously a good pairing, better than any team out there, but I would not call it our best. Any comibation of bbc does have its pros and cons.

I personally dont care about my cb to be good on the ball, but to be alert most times and constantly get into opposition head. Old school perhaps

By the way, this still was a very good performance against messi all season without even man marking the fucker.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We didn't lose today because of our central defense, IMO. We lost because we lacked finish on the opportunities we created.
Yeah. We are just too wasteful. It seems as of late just Morata is a sure goalscorer...

we need and even more potent attack and players who can create and dribble.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We didn't lose today because of our central defense, IMO. We lost because we lacked finish on the opportunities we created.
:agree:

And their first goal was just insanely good football TBH, crazy quick interplay that had our players bamboozled. We created more than enough opportunities to win the game, but we are sorely lacking in that department compared to them

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Anyone else think that with the way barca played without midfield, and straight to their wing forwards, the 352 would have been more suitable? i really did feel Pirlo, and to a certain extent Vidal, was kinda wasted, because our tactics vs theirs, didnt allow us to have any kind of play from the mids.

I really feel had Chiello been available, we would have played 352 in the second half at least and took off Pirlo and maybe even Vidal for Pereyra..Their defense had so many gaps and so did their mids when defending..

Dec 26, 2004
Anyone else think that with the way barca played without midfield, and straight to their wing forwards, the 352 would have been more suitable? i really did feel Pirlo, and to a certain extent Vidal, was kinda wasted, because our tactics vs theirs, didnt allow us to have any kind of play from the mids.

I really feel had Chiello been available, we would have played 352 in the second half at least and took off Pirlo and maybe even Vidal for Pereyra..Their defense had so many gaps and so did their mids when defending..
No. Max got it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)