Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (55 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
I would prefer the composure of Barzagli in a match like this. No offense to Giorgio, but he has a tendency to get unhinged at times. I love his passion, and his runs up the pitch with the ball at his feet are equal parts mesmerizing and hilarious, but cooler heads are needed in this kind of match.
couldnt agree more

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Reus goal because of Chiellini slip. Ronaldo first goal in big part because Chiellini and Pirlo were ball-watching instead of staying with the open man in the box. And obvious clumsy challenge to give away penalty. He was pretty much the cause of all three of our knockout round goals against.

He may have been a top 3 CB in Europe a couple years ago, but certainly not this year.
dont forget the slip against monaco...

that was a close shave as well

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What's odd is that I am hearing footie pundits singing his praises now. Just a couple days ago I heard Stewart Robson and I think also Paul Mariner call him the best centerback in European football right now.

Which is all great, but it should have been 2-3 years ago -- not now. The past couple of seasons, he's not been at his best.
Paul Robson said thst about him today about him being one of if not the best CB in Europe. I'm sitting here and thinking to myself "He's not even the best CB on this team"

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol lumberjack

good way to describe him. Chiello is really a likeable man..but theres now ay in hell he will not be carded or worst against those 3.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
He was. And he was flawless against Dortmund after falling over to give up the goal. But Boumsong was notorious for doing that: playing an excellent 80-85 minutes only to look a fool for the few that cost us dearly.

A few years ago, oddly a lot of the English media jumped late on the Pirlo bandwagon. They seem to be doing so with Chiellini now, years after he deserved to get this recognition but was largely ignored at the time.
This made me think, imagine if Berardi was british. :lol:

And they only started going crazy about Pirlo after he made a fool of Joe Hart.

Jan 5, 2011
Maybe a blessing in disguise that Chielini missing this game. He still with the team so our morale is further fired up yet we have less worry of bad tackle, penalty, red card from him. Just hope the match will end in 90' so we do not have to replace Barzagli by Ogbona

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)