Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (107 Viewers)

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
No matter how clumsy Chiellini can be with giving away penalties etc., the fact is that he's the greatest warrior we have after Arturo. It's a big, big blow.

Chiellini is a complete fucking psycho on the pitch, and his absence means that Neymar, Suarez and Messi can breathe a sigh of relief and focus more on their game, as they now don't have to worry about having Chiellini breathing down their necks constantly.

Yes, Barzagli is the better defender overall, but he just doesn't annoy, frustrate, press and tackle opposition players as well as Chiellini does. Barzagli's main strength is positioning (which we'll also need, but that's besides the point I'm making right now).

In my mind, we always needed heart and grinta in order to win this final. Well, guess what, we lost a huge part of that today.
I do agree with that but a well positioned defender like Barzagli will also frustrate the Barca attack. He wont give them space to run into behind the defence.

They will have to do something really special to get passed him and that will be on their minds as well the whole game.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yes, Barzagli is the better defender overall, but he just doesn't annoy, frustrate, press and tackle opposition players as well as Chiellini does. Barzagli's main strength is positioning (which we'll also need, but that's besides the point I'm making right now).

In my mind, we always needed heart and grinta in order to win this final. Well, guess what, we lost a huge part of that today.
agreed,

BonBon & Barza are just to nice as CB pairing.

I guess BonBon takes Chiellos Place,
Barza mostly plays on the right...

...means
Messi and Suarez vs. Butt-tackle-BonBon :andyandbarcelona:

i feel like drinking already...:vodka:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
:angry2:

No matter how clumsy Chiellini can be with giving away penalties etc., the fact is that he's the greatest warrior we have after Arturo. It's a big, big blow.

Chiellini is a complete fucking psycho on the pitch, and his absence means that Neymar, Suarez and Messi can breathe a sigh of relief and focus more on their game, as they now don't have to worry about having Chiellini breathing down their necks constantly.

100% correct. Massive loss for us.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
If Ogbonna were to play as a sub or starter our chances of winning would be reduced by about 50% i would say. The guy is just another Balotelli. The potential is there to be a very good defender but he just doesn't fucking try.
He's got next to nothing in common with Balotelli. They even play completely different positions, and personality-wise they couldn't be more different either it seems.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I do agree with that but a well positioned defender like Barzagli will also frustrate the Barca attack. He wont give them space to run into behind the defence.

They will have to do something really special to get passed him and that will be on their minds as well the whole game.
Well yes, Barzagli is phenomenal. But my point is that MSN now have to worry much less about "being in for for a world of hurt", when they go on the attack.

I think that's Chiellini's biggest contribution. He's a hardman, the kind of defender that makes strikers shit their pants out of fear of what happen to their ankles, knees etc.

Barzagli is the better defender overall, but Chiellini is the type of guy who would bodycheck Neymar early on and make him timid for the rest of the match.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Well yes, Barzagli is phenomenal. But my point is that MSN now have to worry much less about "being in for for a world of hurt", when they go on the attack.

I think that's Chiellini's biggest contribution. He's a hardman, the kind of defender that makes strikers shit their pants out of fear of what happen to their ankles, knees etc.

Barzagli is the better defender overall, but Chiellini is the type of guy who would bodycheck Neymar early on and make him timid for the rest of the match.
Also, if Chiellini goes into Beastmode, there's not a single defender better than him in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)