Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (77 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
I think Bonucci is getting more consistant overall and Chiellini is going the other way although Chiellini is still a better defender on his best day. Also the game has changed a lot in the last 4 years and the pressure pon the defense makes Chiellinis ball handling look so bad. Before he at least had time to pass to another player who could handle it but now it look as if they give him space and then collapse. Have others noticed this? They trap Chi into taking the ball up knowing if he does they win

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He definitely needs to be trained to pass correctly. His basic technique is pure ass. He contorts his spine just to lean back and make a simple pass. Needs to be more balanced, and stop fucking twisting himself in to a heap on the floor.

His ball winning skills are still excellent though.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
He hasn't been good in 2-3 seasons now, maybe even more.
his performance in 2012/2013 season

his performance is Acceptable. Bonucci long vertical passes were so much more effective.he also scored two or one goal at this season.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He definitely needs to be trained to pass correctly. His basic technique is pure ass. He contorts his spine just to lean back and make a simple pass. Needs to be more balanced, and stop fucking twisting himself in to a heap on the floor.

His ball winning skills are still excellent though.
:D great description on the way he controls/passes a ball. It just looks so fucking unnatural for him to have the ball at his feet. Weird for a professional footballer playing at one of the best clubs in Europe.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:D great description on the way he controls/passes a ball. It just looks so fucking unnatural for him to have the ball at his feet. Weird for a professional footballer playing at one of the best clubs in Europe.
Chiellini is like Optimus Prime...isn't pretty, isn't meant to be elegant...simply built to destroy.

Get off his nuts folks.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I love his heat-seeking missile like tackles to retrieve/take the ball away from opposition players, but his technique is putrid.
We have Bonucci, Barzagli, Eva, Asa, Padoin, Caceres, Licht, Piro, Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba all around him for technique.

He destroys, let everyone else worry about technique.

I've lost count how many times he gets bloody and has to wear those white head bands :lol:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He's a baboon, but he's our baboon. If he's putting crunching tackles on opposition CF's and purely winning the ball back, he's as good as any CB out there. Just keep the ball away from his feet for extended periods of time. Remember those times in the past 2-3 seasons he was acting as our fucking playmaker in the final third :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)