Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (126 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As I explained before, let's not sugarcoat it, the old Chiellini was all about heart and passion (plus, the good aerial ability). That's it.

He clearly lost the passion gradually with age and we're left with an untalented defender who lacks the basic footballing skills (ball-control, passing, positioning etc). And NO, it wasn't his first slip! The guy slips too often on different pitches because of the weird way he moves and runs.
Chiellini's 30. Hardly a very advanced age for a defender.

When were the other times?
There have been quite a lot of times actually. And besides, his passing is so dreadful it really hurts us. He's simply not good enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He clearly lost the passion gradually with age and we're left with an untalented defender who lacks the basic footballing skills (ball-control, passing, positioning etc). And NO, it wasn't his first slip! The guy slips too often on different pitches because of the weird way he moves and runs.
Not even close. My problem with Chiellini are the two basic things in football, ball control and passing, I don't know why he can't be as calm as Leo for instance, under pressure the guy launches, shoots, passes the ball to oppositions etc. Does he even train his passing?

He's still very good in air, man marking, tackling and physically super good unlike what you said.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not even close. My problem with Chiellini are the two basic things in football, ball control and passing, I don't know why he can't be as calm as Leo for instance, under pressure the guy launches, shoots, passes the ball to oppositions etc. Does he even train his passing?

He's still very good in air, man marking, tackling and physically super good unlike what you said.
Actually, no. What irritates me is how Chiellini does that while not under pressure. It's like he thinks somebody is gonna teleport right in front of him instantly.

The guy has no basic technique to move with the ball, nor to pass to around, it's just a lack of talent.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Chiellini is just not good enough for Europe. He's perfect for Serie A though.

Management must look for a CB who plays on the left side. Chiellini is not the world class top level Italian legend defender we all thought he'd be 5 years ago.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he made 5 or 6 excellent blocks/interventions after the slip, no-one bothering to mention those.

Forza Giorgione, the critics can go choke on a dick.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bonucci gave the ball away twice yesterday. But man, is he LUCKY. We'd have lost so many games if every one of his fuck ups resulted in conceding goals.
Only in moderately dangerous areas. We would have to be extremely unlucky to concede from even 20% of those.

But it's different in his current position, he's not the last man in the defense, he's not as exposed, so a bad pass or mistake doesn't isolate him.

Anyone else think that Chiellini got a little confused because Bonucci was so close? I mean it was always Chiellini's ball, but because he is so inept on his wrong foot he has to adjust himself with his exaggerated technique, and it seemed to cause what made him slip, with a slight moment of doubt whether Bonucci would go for it. He really is a bit of a donkey at times, has to be one of the technically weakest top level players I've seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)