Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (29 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
21 September 2010

Chiellini at the service of Fair Play

It was a particular afternoon for Giorgio Chiellini, who after training, took part in a television programme entitled “Tutti a Scuola” (All back to school), which was aired on RAI 1 and dedicated to the inauguration of the new scholastic year. During the programme the “Fair Play” initiative was featured which presented the national anthem and that of Europe dedicated to correct sportsmanship: ’'Gioco Corretto & Fair Play''. «It would be nice to fill the stadiums with children and hear this song before all the matches. I will be the spokesperson at the Lega and the institutions – declared Giorgio -. In recent years even us players tried to bring these concepts of loyalty to the opponents, referees and the public forward. This is what Fair Play is: the loyalty towards everybody. These are values which we should insist upon not only on the field but also in our daily life». Giorgio has not only always been an example of sportsmanship but has also recently graduated as Doctor in Economy and Commerce and therefore nobody more then him was fit to represent and combine the values of Fair Play and education: «I would like us players – concluded Giorgio while addressing the many children in the public – to manage to give them the most beautiful emotions because I remember my childhood well and I will live for this».

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I feel sorry for Chiellini, his best years are being wasted at a club that isn't championship ready just yet. He is in a unusual position since most players of his class are playing in teams that have a real chance of winning. I'm glad he's loyal though.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Let´s be honest here. Chiellini is a good CB, but not one of the best i Europe.

His passing skills is below average, and he´s too often caught up field when his poor passing lets him down in one of his raids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)