Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (164 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I feel sorry for Chiellini, his best years are being wasted at a club that isn't championship ready just yet. He is in a unusual position since most players of his class are playing in teams that have a real chance of winning. I'm glad he's loyal though.
Chiellini should be glad to play in a top club like Juve. He'd have a seriously tough time in some another top team in Europe.

He won't have the support that he's having here....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Let´s be honest here. Chiellini is a good CB, but not one of the best i Europe.

His passing skills is below average, and he´s too often caught up field when his poor passing lets him down in one of his raids.
Really? How many CBs out there are better than him?

Btw, this season he seems to be passing very well. He's not just booting it up the field. He's been passing it out of defence or sideways very well, as has the whole team. So maybe it was just as I thought, that it wasn't just him, but the orders of the coaches.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I don't see any big difficulties he would have in getting into another top team's defense.
I think he'll have a really tough time playing in another league where the tempo of the game is much faster than serie A (la liga or premier league).

I've seen chiellini really having a tough time whenever we play in a high defense line in this league and we're faced with fast attackers. So i could just imagine how it would be like playing like that week in week out somewhere else.

I love the guy but i really believe he has his limitations as a defender....

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think he'll have a really tough time playing in another league where the tempo of the game is much faster than serie A (la liga or premier league).

I've seen chiellini really having a tough time whenever we play in a high defense line in this league and we're faced with fast attackers. So i could just imagine how it would be like playing like that week in week out somewhere else.

I love the guy but i really believe he has his limitations as a defender....
Based on what?

He doesn't have a particularly hard time himself, our defence just generally sucks but he tends to perform well on an individual level and still has to cover for the errors of the others. And he is not slow. I think people imagine that because of his size and how he looks.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Maybe having Bonucci next to him helps as well.
:agree:

He doesn't have a particularly hard time himself, our defence just generally sucks but he tends to perform well on an individual level and still has to cover for the errors of the others. And he is not slow. I think people imagine that because of his size and how he looks.
:tup:

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Juventino[RUS];2709834 said:
from his twitter:
Davide attento a quello che dici! Ti sto guardando su Sky!
translation: David careful what you say! I'm watching on Sky
who the fuck is Davide from Sky?
his agent was on Sky's calciomercato show last night,

new contract should be soon

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol baiocoo...

i remember that in the past we used to laugh at him because he was bad, but in the past year and even in this one, we have had much worse players than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)