Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (23 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
as always, the Juve players were the best players for Italy...Buffon Chiellini and even Camo looked more effective than the rest of the MF...Ale's piece of magic was better than anything Cassano managed in the whole match

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Chielini deserver a better partner in the centre of defense infront of Buffon. He was awesome throughout the tournament, he stopped Henry,Benzema,Torres and Villa. How many 23 years old would do that and not to forget he wasnt helped by the lousy Panucci and the error prone Zambro. The future can only look better with this guy leading our defense but seriously i would love to get a better partner than the one we have currently.
Actually I'm thinking who should partner Chiellini in the central defence position in the NT, since both Canna and Matrix are about to retire. Barzagli looks like a disaster waiting to happen

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Chiellini – 8
An absolute giant for Italy out there. The least experienced member of the defence, the Juventus stopper stood out with a performance that will live long in the memory – especially when you consider what he was up against in the form of David Villa and Fernando Torres.

Football Italia

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah Chiellini's performance was one of the few highlights of the game yesterday..

I hope he's got better luck on his side with the Olympic team

---

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
Yesterday I was astonished by Chiello´s game. I was waiting for him to play a great game that will consecrate him as the fouri classe he seemed to be.
At the same time this shows how such an idiot donadoni is... he played 2 games with out Chiello... 2 games!!!

We have a world class player for the next 10 years... that´s goooood!

:juve1:

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
as always, the Juve players were the best players for Italy...Buffon Chiellini and even Camo looked more effective than the rest of the MF...Ale's piece of magic was better than anything Cassano managed in the whole match
Camo had italy´s biggest goal chance, when casillas kicked out that ball with his leaft leg. With a normal goalkeeper that would be goal for sure.
And the penalties series he shot classie penalty, very calm, and with confindece. Where Di Natale showed fear Camo showed class.

Juve players showed that they have balls :flag2: :flag2:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
As usual the English commentators were a joke with Chiellini yesterday, the fail to acknowledge any player who doesn't play in england. At one point the pundit said Spain should try to isolate Chiellini with Torres and Villa running at him, picking him out as a weak link!

Well when that situation occured he owned Villa!

Yeah Chiellini's performance was one of the few highlights of the game yesterday..

I hope he's got better luck on his side with the Olympic team
I hope hes not in the Olympic team, we need him for the champions league qualifiers!

May 15, 2007
As usual the English commentators were a joke with Chiellini yesterday, the fail to acknowledge any player who doesn't play in england. At one point the pundit said Spain should try to isolate Chiellini with Torres and Villa running at him, picking him out as a weak link!

I hope hes not in the Olympic team, we need him for the champions league qualifiers!
i know, 5 minutes after Fabregas came on they were saying how great he was playing and not even acknowledging hardly any of the other players

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007

A case of Sour Grapes cos they cant see him in EPL with Man City ... i guess

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
For the past decade or so, Juve has in my memory 4 former either European or FIFA player of the year ... Baggio, Zidane, Nedved and Cannavaro.

Thats more than the whole EPL put together ..... is it ??

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

People aren't good about fessing up to their own idiocy. And it was clear that Chiellini was making a lot of non-Italian announcers look like idiots yesterday. :D

One thing I did wish for in the coverage that didn't happen was some praise and love for good defense like that. Here in the U.S., we had Andy Gray who once tossed a bone to the Big D by talking about how well Italy was forming their backlines. But there's a lot to be said about educating the public about what makes good defense and a good defender to better appreciate the game.

Chiellini was showing some masterclass out there against some mega-hyped attacking talent, and no one bothered to point out how or why he was able to help stuff them and keep the scoreline at zero. All I heard about was Torres making a great run, and then Chiellini would just wipe him out completely -- not even a mention.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
If Canna would have made that tackle, they would have hyped it up.
Reputation meant alot ....

Chiellini well, will need to start building up the "Giorgio Chieillini" Brand.
And that will start next season if it has not already started...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)