Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (22 Viewers)

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
just coming from watching italy-spain and only wanted to state the obvious.

Chiellini is a machine! what a cb we got there. its incredible how he played on this international stage.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
the one positive from this game was chiellini, my oh my wot a soldier this guy is, pace, strength, anticipation, great performance from him, he is cannavaro's heir, he takes defending back old school style

Geof

May 14, 2004
After his carreer, he'll definitely be a football commentator. This guy feels the urge to comment with a big smile after every damn action he's implicated in. Torres must've hated him during this match.

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Chiellini 8.5: An absolute rock at the back. Owned both Torres and Villa, and made two brilliant last-gasp interventions. The most positive thing to come out of this tournament for Italy is that they have found a warrior of a centre back.

Goal.com Rating

attila_huno

Dec 18, 2007
Chiellini 8.5: An absolute rock at the back. Owned both Torres and Villa, and made two brilliant last-gasp interventions. The most positive thing to come out of this tournament for Italy is that they have found a warrior of a centre back.

Goal.com Rating
Damned, I never realized until now, that I have missed players ratings so much since the season ended

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Hands down, Chiellini was stellar on the big stage. In a position he generally is not supposed to be at his strongest. With play like that, he's clearly the defensive heir to Canna.
He is having great performance, controlling his temper, not making errors or stupid tackles and all. I was one of those who wanted him to play in the sides, I am still not 100% sure about the CB role, thou he keeps on progressing day after day in the center.

He did great, but we should also not ignore that his team was defending with 10 men behind, and that makes his job much easier. I just want to see him perform in CL against the great clubs, then I will be fully convinced if he is the "next Cannavaro" or not. So far it's all great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)