Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (88 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Chiellini: "April's decisive"

From England, were he had the honour to inaugurate the new Wembley stadium as the captain of Italy Under 21, Giorgio Chiellini is back even more charged. With the marks of the knock on his head received on the pitch, but willing to be at the disposal of a Juventus ready to launch itself towards Serie A. Saturday, with the match in Pescara, begins a long tour de force that will see the Bianconeri engaged in nine matches in just a month.

A cicle that the defender from Tuscany considers essentials: "until the competition with Frosinone, we'll have many matches, and if we do well, we could even end the championship matter. The direct home competitions will be a kind of match point to end the games, and thus spend the last period of the season peacefully. Behind us? In this moment I see Piacenza very well , which is also the team that more impressed me when we faced".

To try the decisive escape, important will be the attackers' goals. But also the strength of the defence, which although it has been the less beaten of the championship, it has often been accused by the critics. Not always right, in Chiellini's opinion: "it seems to me that they look for peculiar aspects, to question this group in any way; more common sense is needed in the judgements. Often the Press' criticisms have been extreme, and we definitely don't need to read the papers to know where we did wrong. What matters is that we're easy and that we know which our aims are".

The word "criticism" leads to think to another of today's subjects: the National. The Azzurri - among them Buffon, Del Piero and Camoranesi - are prepring the match of Wednesday against Scotland. A decisive match for the chances of Euro 2008, and for those of Roberto Donadoni. The defender stends up for the manager trainer: "often his words have been distorted. During the first matches, the team was playing with difficulties, but then it recovered, and it's now running for the qualification. The problems are all with the outside, he needs to work peacefully. Somebody told he shouldn't have accepted, but being the leader of the Azzurri, it's every trainers' dream, as well as playing in it, it's every players' dream. I already have the opportunity to make my debut, and I hope I could be back as soon as the cicle with the Under 21 ends".

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Chiellini completes his goal

Giorgio Chiellini insists it was about time he opened his Juventus account after finally rippling the net at the weekend against Genoa.

“I was the only one missing,” said the former Livorno and Fiorentina player. “It was my first League goal and was necessary as I have been here for two years now.

“I’m delighted with myself, but especially with the overall performance of the team against Genoa on Saturday.”

The Bianconeri looked in fine shape as they swept aside their promotion rivals with a commanding 3-1 win at the Olimpico.

“I think it was one of our best performances of the season so far,” added the international left-back.

“Genoa confirmed themselves as an excellent side and they came here to play their own game, which allowed us to play football too.

“Fortunately, our star players made the difference at the end of the 90 minutes,” concluded the youngster.

Pavel Nedved opened the scoring for the Old Lady, then came Chiellini’s header before David Trezeguet ended his goal drought with a tidy strike.
Source: Channel 4
_______________________________​

Congratulations for your first goal with La Vecchia Signora, dear Chiellini. :pint:

OP
Cuti

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #120
    @Michael_Cutajar, why don't you rename the title of the thread?

Just The Official Giorgio Chiellini Thread would sound better. :wink:
    isnt it the official chiellini thread anyway? and as reb said only a mod can edit the title of a thread, this thread was originally called Chiellini signs a new contract or something like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)