Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (32 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
“We’re not totally satisfied yet,” Chiellini told journalist Pierluigi Pardo at a sponsor’s event.

“We’re close to a lot of things, but we haven’t done anything yet. There’s still plenty to do, with Sassuolo, Bayern [Munich] and Torino [the next three games].

“I repeat: we’re close, but we’ve done nothing yet. In 10 days everything could change.

“Last season was almost stratospheric, we were on the verge of history. We went close to winning the Champions League, but when the game finished we knew we could’ve done better.

“We were a bit unbalanced in the Champions League final, we took too long to find the right path. If we have another opportunity we’ll arrive better prepared.”

Chiellini also discussed his own career, and explained his rise to the top of the game.

“I wasn't blessed with extraordinary talent, but with hard work I’ve achieved my objectives. Passion is a fire that feeds me and keeps me coming back, if I didn’t have that it’d be over.

“At Juve they train you to train, certain values are encouraged. As a teenager it meant you had to give more things up, but when you grow up you realise how lucky you were.”

Finally, the Italian international was asked how his game has developed over the years.

“In the last few years the role of the defender has been re-evaluated,” Chiellini admitted.

“Everyone has to be good at understanding their role. Experience helps you to read certain situations better and make less mistakes in terms of behaviour.

“Knowledge of the opponent is essential too, individually as well as the team.

“How do you mark Cristiano Ronaldo? You try not to leave him alone, don’t let him shoot on his right foot.

“And Lionel Messi? Just make the sign of the cross…”

:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)