Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (89 Viewers)

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Juve: Chiellini e Palladino fino al 2012, manca solo la firma

(TORINO) - La Juventus sta lavorando da tempo sul fronte dei rinnovi, dopo quelli importanti a Camoranesi, Buffon e Trezeguet in estate, c'è la questione spinosa di capitan Del Piero. Per quanto riguarda invece due giovani dal futuro assicurato, pare tutto pronto per un prolungamento fino al 2012, secondo quanto scrive Tuttosport. Si tratta di Giorgio Chiellini e Raffaelle Palladino. Il terzino arrivato ora anche in nazionale maggiore, aveva chiesto un adeguamento già in agosto, tentato dalle grosse offerte pervenute dall'Inghilterra. Ora la Juve apre le casse societarie per raddoppiargli l'ingaggio, da 800.000 euro a 1,6 milioni. Lo stesso vale per il giovane Palladino, anche per lui ci sarà un forte ritocco con scadenza fino al 2012. La Juventus punta dunque sui giovani, e ora i tifosi attendono solo la firma di un veterano. Alex Del Piero.

Source: Calciomercatoweb

Chiellini and Palladino will sign a new contract till 2012.Chiellini will earn 1,6 m €(800.000 € before).Now just Del Piero has to extend his contract,good job Secco.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini And Vieri Kiss And Make-Up

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has revealed that he has no problem with Fiorentina striker Christian Vieri after the on-field scuffle yesterday and say’s everything was cleared up after the game.

The pair were involved in a furious altercation in the closing stages of the 1-1 draw at the Stadio Franchi. Chiellini was marking Vieri at a corner and appeared to hold and block the striker as he made a near-post run. Vieri reacted angrily to his marker’s actions and the two had to be separated by team-mates.

The referee booked both players and the arguments continued until the end of the match, however Chiellini stresses that everything is now fine.

“It was nothing, it was just normal stuff that happens on the football pitch,” said Chiellini. “We were both irritated at the time. Bobo wanted to score a goal at all costs, while I wanted to prevent him scoring.

“It is nothing important. It was trivial stuff. We spoke after in the changing rooms and everything was cleared up.”

Chiellini had a colossal performance at the heart of Juventus’ defence and is being tipped to feature during Italy’s Euro 2008 qualifier against Georgia on Saturday, after Roberto Donadoni named him in his squad.

goal.com

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
If Chiellini keeps up with his performance he will surely be given the opportunity to start for the azurri national team. I hope Juve are smart and improve his contract, since there are a lot of teams sniffing around him.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Chiellini has been good at LB, but looks calmer & more in control of things in the centre, good to see, but if we were stronger at CB he would be much more likely to stay as a full back. Someone in CB with serenity & international experience would help him stay calm too, fullbacks look to the centre for assurance often, & with Legro (at start of season, much improved now) & Boumsong there wasn't happening. With jan arrivals & when Andrade returns, will improve all across backline.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I said it last season and still say it now... Chiellini is a centerback. That should be completely obvious now.
:agree:

He has moved inside sooner than I thought he would.

We should now also be considering if we should sign a new LB, as I'm not convinced Molinaro is up to being first choice yet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

He has moved inside sooner than I thought he would.

We should now also be considering if we should sign a new LB, as I'm not convinced Molinaro is up to being first choice yet.
I certainly don't trust Molinaro back there as of yet. So we do have a problem on our hands. I'd rather use Hasan back there instead of him.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007

Even with Zambro back, think we still need more cover at CB than we have already.
This is true, but if you pick up Zambrotta... and with a starting 4 of Zambrotta, Chiellini, Legrottaglie and Grygera, you can afford to experiment with younger players like Criscito and Molinaro as your depth. You can even take a risk on a potentially huge return like Ivanovic. Not to mention Andrade when he returns in Feb/Mar 08. All this without having to lean on guys like Birindelli (who I like, but he looks almost done), Boumsong and Zebina.

Legrottaglie is doing very well due largely to the club and coach having faith in him. Confidence can do a lot to someone's game. Signing a top pairing CB is essentially saying, we don't have faith in you. He already knows he has to compete with Chiellini and Andrade. Even if he falters, there would be enough quality in the system to cover for that.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Andrade when he returns.

Legrottaglie is doing very well due largely to the club and coach having faith in him.

Yeah good points Thunder, can see where you're coming from. Chiellini & Andrade, with Criscito & Legro as back-ups is pretty solid. Now just need to bomb Zebina & Boumsong the hell outta here......

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
for the u-21's chiellini and criscito have played at CB and LB respectively at the same time. instead of using criscito at CB where he hasn't been good at all, chiellini should stay CB and criscito could move to LB whether it be as a starter or sub for molinaro.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
for the u-21's chiellini and criscito have played at CB and LB respectively at the same time. instead of using criscito at CB where he hasn't been good at all, chiellini should stay CB and criscito could move to LB whether it be as a starter or sub for molinaro.
we should try with Criscito as LB. Molinaro didn't impress me in the part of defence, so we couldn't lost anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)