Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (75 Viewers)

Jul 24, 2006
Hrmph.. Staying eh..

Well these players that complained so much, Trez, Camo and Chiellini better sweat some blood for the shirt this year..

But v cool that you got to ask face to face Stevie, good work!

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
According to the 'Sunday Mirror', the newly promoted Premier League side has offered 15 million Euros for the services of the Italian full-back.

Giorgio Chiellini has become one of the most sought after players this summer as various clubs have tried to negotiate a deal with Juventus in order to sign the former Italian Under 21 national team captain.

The latest offer has been that of Sunderland, who already had an initial offer rejected by the Bianconeri some weeks ago.

However, now Roy Keane has increased the amount up to 15 million Euros in order to bring Chiellini to England.

This is not the only English side interested in the Italian defender, as Sven Goran Eriksson's Manchester City have also seen their offer rejected.

However, this time for Juventus, the 15 million Euro offer from the Black Cats might be too high to reject, as the money would help to invest in one last major signing before the start of the new season.

goal.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Secco's thinking - sell Chiellini, Legro and Boum. Buy Cannavaro, G.Silva and if money permits, perhaps even Heinze. Chiellini's sale could cover for most part. Or is this too much business to have left for the final 11 days?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I think Secco's thinking - sell Chiellini, Legro and Boum. Buy Cannavaro, G.Silva and if money permits, perhaps even Heinze. Chiellini's sale could cover for most part. Or is this too much business to have left for the final 11 days?
that would be just about right :p

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Yes, I think so.

I think it would be stupid to sell Chiellini.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Yes, I think so.

I think it would be stupid to sell Chiellini.
think about it...we could finance the deal for Heinze + Canna coz the main issue (i think) with Canna is wages and the attitude of senior players...and if we get rid of Legro+Boum we can buy G Silva

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Here goes:

FC JUVENTUS, Yield Chiellini for Gilberto Silva
Posted 20.08 10.01 by Redazione TMW - read 12
According to an italian newspaper "Corriere dello Sport", could be ready to define the transfer of Giorgio Chiellini to Sunderland and to reinvest the money for engage Arsenal's Gilberto Silva. The player have a cost of 6 million euros, and Arsenal is available to discuss the transfer.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
think about it...we could finance the deal for Heinze + Canna coz the main issue (i think) with Canna is wages and the attitude of senior players...and if we get rid of Legro+Boum we can buy G Silva
By no means do I right Heinze higher than Chiellini.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not that I want Chiellini to be sold, but I think we're after Cannavaro, G.Silva and Heinze in that order. And boy, if were to buy all three - the scudetto is so on. :D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Chiellini Set For Juve Stay

Although Juventus have had offers for defender Giorgio Chiellini, according to agent Davide Lippi, they were not considered good enough by the club.

Giorgio Chiellini's agent Davide Lippi, son of the World Cup winning coach, spoke exclusively to SKY's microphones about the Juventus defender's future.

"Until now the club have had offers which it did not consider to be at the level of how they value the player. We are waiting for an eventual development. But at the moment there is nothing new going on," Lippi said.

Asked whether his client would demand an improved contract if he should opt to stay, he said: "It's clear that when the club values a player so much, we expect that they treat him accordingly."

The Italian Under 21 captain had earlier caused some controversy, as he said he demanded to be treated the same way by the club as the "big" players such as Gigi Buffon, David Trezeguet and Alex Del Piero. While the full back is an important member of this new-look Juve side, it's understandable the club still considers other players worthy of getting the highest wages at the moment. Coach Claudio Ranieri was not amused by these comments, but the situation has since been cleared up.

goal.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
well he is staying coz we don't like the offers 4 him...so he is hardly considered indispensable by C-Ra....i say we capitalise on a decent enough offer and get Heinze + G Silva

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini keeps up winning return for Juventus

Giorgio Chiellini's last-minute header gave Juventus an extraordinary 3-2 victory at Cagliari in their second game back in Serie A. Jonathan Zebina and Cagliari's Cristiano Del Grosso were sent off as the home side equalised twice with debatable penalties before Chiellini headed home Mauro Camoranesi's free-kick.

Alberto Aquilani, Ludovic Giuly and Francesco Totti scored in Roma's 3-0 win over Siena, while promoted Napoli won 5-0 at Udinese. Palermo won 4-2 at Livorno, who were battered 5-1 by Juve last weekend.

Juve failed to carry that form into the first half at Cagliari with the home side threatening more. However, the second half was packed with incident after David Trezeguet gave Juventus a fortunate lead when the ball ricocheted off Camoranesi and ran into his path.

Cagliari were almost immediately awarded a penalty when Nicola Legrottaglie was adjudged to have held back Alessandro Matri, Pasquale Foggia scoring. The referee then gave the Sardinians another penalty, but after furious Juve protests the linesman indicated that Chiellini's tackle had been clean and the penalty was annulled.

Alessandro Del Piero put Juve ahead again when he tapped in a Camoranesi cross which may have crossed the line anyway.

Foggia equalised with another penalty 10 minutes from time when Zebina was penalised. The French defender talked himself into a red card, but Del Grosso made it 10 against 10 when he was dismissed for a second booking. Juve then settled a thrilling game to top the table, alongside Roma, with two wins from two games.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored twice on Saturday as Internazionale beat Empoli 2-0 for their first win of the season. Ibrahimovic scored first in the 14th minute, when he flicked in Maicon's cross. A diagonal shot from Rodriguez Cesar's pass seven minutes from time wrapped up the points.

"I'm pretty happy with the performance," the Inter coach, Roberto Mancini, said. "We dropped off a bit in the second but I'm pleased overall."

The Brazil striker Adriano, who was linked with West Ham last week, was not included in Inter's squad and could also be excluded from the 25-man party for the Champions League. "When we hand in the list, you will see what has been decided," Mancini said.

Independent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)