Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (33 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Hey i've been told our defense has improved drastically.
That's really funny. Because De Ceglie, Grosso, and Motta are still the players that Juventus will look toward if there are any injuries/suspensions. I don't give a fuck about Ziegler either, he's not good in defense, we need to invest in that one area like we did for right back.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I hope we'll play him at CB again. He's been pretty bad for the whole season so far, but at LB he's just suffering a lot more.

We simply don't have the players to actually bench him.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
is losing aerial duels regularly, forget about when the ball is on the ground.
It's true, but whenever he's at LB you can't help but feel he doesn't belong. When a cross comes in he tends to cut in instead of really mark the man behind him, coming from 'his' flank. He leaves wingers on his wing too much space because he doesn't play wide enough.

I would expect him to recover playing as CB a lot quicker than having to play LB.

May 22, 2007
I've never understood why people were so eager to put him at left back, it just highlights all the faults he has. He's constantly drifting across to play as a CB when the opposition are attacking Lichtsteiner's flank, and he gets more of a chance to show off how clumsy he is in attack. He cannot cross well, and his passing is bad when he's under pressure, and he doesn't have ball control.

Conte really needs to find a way of getting him back to centre back soon.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I remember saying that Chiellini is a awkward player and a pretty poor defender for the past two seasons and people were all over me in this forum.

Never changed my mind about him, never really rated him neither as a LB or a CB. Ask any "non" juve supporter about him and they will all agree that he's poor. Give him credit for playing with all his heart but technically he's a clumsy defender. Always been....

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I remember saying that Chiellini is a awkward player and a pretty poor defender for the past two seasons and people were all over me in this forum.

Never changed my mind about him, never really rated him neither as a LB or a CB. Ask any "non" juve supporter about him and they will all agree that he's poor. Give him credit for playing with all his heart but technically he's a clumsy defender. Always been....
Yep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)