Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (87 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think your logic is flawed. Chiellini is th best CB, yes. But that does not imply team is not better of with him playing another position - under certain conditions.
Why do you want to waste the talent Chiellini has as a very solid CB, in a position you are covered well enough with Criscito? Everyone knows that Chiellini isn't the most technical skilled player around and is very clumsy with the ball at his feet.

Chiellini playing as a LB in a backup plan such as injuries, tactic for a particular opponent, etc. is explainable. Playing the whole World Cup as a LB is just insane to say the least.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
I definetly do not want to waste him as a lb. But it could be very useful with a strong defenseive lb, when playing against teams that have Ronaldo, Messi or another strong player raping the left.

That's why I think what Lippi said was just a backup plan or a temporary fix when needed. DIdn't read that the first time over, and I agree.

My point was just that a backline good-good-wc-bad is worse than good good goood decent/good..

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I definetly do not want to waste him as a lb. But it could be very useful with a strong defenseive lb, when playing against teams that have Ronaldo, Messi or another strong player raping the left.

That's why I think what Lippi said was just a backup plan or a temporary fix when needed. DIdn't read that the first time over, and I agree.

My point was just that a backline good-good-wc-bad is worse than good good goood decent/good..
Exactly my point. :tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Actually Chiellini isn't so clumsy when he plays left back, if you look back at his games there and when he was at Fiorentina he played there and has even played left midfield before. He is a strong runner with the ball and has a decent cross and good shot. When he moved into the centre he got used to the physical side of the game and tends to kick the ball away more often than not, but he's certainly not a composed player on the ball. He is a better central defender. If Lippi wants to go with a more physical left back then just play Bocchetti there.

May 22, 2007
is ranocchia called up?
i highly doubt we will buy both unless bonucci can play another position well.
No.

We are all aware that the defense Italy uses this summer could well be the Juventus defense next season?

Buffon
Cassani-Bonucci-Chiellini-Criscito​

Just need Canna to slip and hurt himself to see it in action.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It depends how the defence plays, how high the line is, who covers etc. If he is isolated one-on-one in every situation then maybe he might be, but I don't think that will happen. Any exposed defender can look bad, and that goes for the very best in their prime.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It depends how the defence plays, how high the line is, who covers etc. If he is isolated one-on-one in every situation then maybe he might be, but I don't think that will happen. Any exposed defender can look bad, and that goes for the very best in their prime.
Exactly.

But it will be interesting to see how Canna will do, knowing that he doesn't even have a club. I wonder how he'll cope with that.
Wouldn't surprise me if he played some of his best football in years to be honest, either to go out with a bang or to find a new club.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So rumor Juve after both Bonucci and Ranocchia with Chiellini going to left back possibly? Anyone see that happening?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Either did I. I guess someone in the press saw a story with Lippi "maybe" pushing him left and our market for a CB.

May 22, 2007
Some guy on j1897 said he's asked to leave. I don't have an idea where he got the news from, don't take it too seriously. He wants to win a trophy before he's old.

What we can do is offer him a big contract, give him a lot of good defensive partners and hope he gives us another season to prove we will be Juventus and not Siena.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)