Capitano Danilo (47 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
There will always be a bunch of numpties justifying this signing saying 'hey, he was good about 4 years ago when everyone wanted him, I don't understand why people don't want him now', when he has carried the reputation of being one of the worst fullbacks while playing for a top club all this while.

Got zero expectations for this guy. If he starts 15 games while being average, that alone would be considered alright I guess.

All I can say now is that the RB position sucks now. As always we have weakened one position to improve another and this is why we'll never win CL.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Baffled with this one. Cancelo can leave but get the money and put it towards something better than danilo. Can only hope for him to find some special form under Sarri. At a younger age at porto he showed potential...sitting o bench for several seasons would knock the wind out of anyone's sail.

Anyone...We had to do minimal the market this summer...instead we have weakened the shit out of right back and managed to lose two of our younger forward stars.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Meh X 2112

Guy was an ace when he was younger. But he somehow got slow and lethargic in the past 4 years. Similar to what actually happened to Alex Sandro in the last 2 years

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
nah, it's not that bad, we could've gotten Darmian lol
honestly, i'd prefer darmian to this guy. the king of jabronis is one year older, but much, much cheaper, has a much lower salary, and as he's italian, he could be sold to basically any italian club even in 2-3 years.

what is the standard age for an average lolzilian (no cafu, no dani alves) starting to show signs of decline? it's 28. and our precious danilo is 28 exactly. what do you do with a 30 year old lolzilian on a 5m net wage? either you're lucky to find a chinese club for him, or you keep paying him and get nothing in return on the pitch.

this looks like a terrible deal to me. i'd love to be wrong though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 34)