Capello Targets Perea (3 Viewers)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Capello Targets Perea

5/27/2005 12:10:00 PM (Goal.com)

Juventus coach Fabio Capello appears to have his sights firmly set on Atletico Madrid defender Luis Perea.
The Colombian has impressed in La Liga since moving to the Vicente Calderon, and recently signed a contract extension taking him through to 2009.

If Juve are serious about a bid, it is likely to cost them, although they will surely do what it takes to secure a defender who could help them to victory in next season’s Champions League.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
A HUGE YES!

sorry i am shouting, but Perrea is a great talent, one of the greatest talent at the back imo. He is tall (edited: not tall, 181), fast, good with the ball, but concentrating on defending.

He played for Boca before, with Burdisso if i am right and he was brilliant there, seen him couple of times with Atletico and he did well.

i hope it is not just a rumour, he is all what we need at the back.

a future world class (edited: he is 26)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
hey guys , don't comment on everything u read , we are accustomed to these kind of news especially at the end of each season !!

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
Really good defender...Had an excellent season alongside Ibanez another target of ours apperently. He would be really good beside Canna and can learn from Thuram. Eventually if things go as planned Perea with mayb Ibanez or Chivu....the future would look extremely bright along with chiellini and miguel again if he comes as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This guy is indeed very good.

A few months ago when Atletico Madrid played Barcelona at Camp Nou Perea was the best player on the pitch, totally shutting down Samuel Etoo. Perea marked Etoo completely out of the match, something not too many stoppers can do.

Perea is very quick, great on the tackle, and his decision making is spot on most of the time. I can see him becoming a world class defender in the next couple years.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
This guy is indeed very good.

A few months ago when Atletico Madrid played Barcelona at Camp Nou Perea was the best player on the pitch, totally shutting down Samuel Etoo. Perea marked Etoo completely out of the match, something not too many stoppers can do.
How is his zonal marking? If he is that good it will be a good addition for sure

Iaquinta09

Apr 20, 2005
Excellente defender

He played for Independiente de Medellin then Boca jr. buy him and now he is in Atletico Madrid

Is a promising defender

Buy him moggi good backup for our defence

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++

How is his zonal marking? If he is that good it will be a good addition for sure
His zonal marking is pretty good because he can cover a rather big area with his speed. Not sure how adept he is at the offsides trap, however I think he could learn under Capello.

May 4, 2004
Great defender!!

saw him in many games this season (as there is a dane in a.madrid and danish tv shows the most of a.madrid game :) ) and he has been great!

We really should sign him imo!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
im all for it as well. we need players like this.

use kovac as part of that deal. seriously, since we have signed kovac, i have not once heard anything about him. i really do think he'll be used as bait.

also, if we get this player, and maybe another centre back, we may use thuram at right back again considering right backs are scarce right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)