Capello not Real-ly going (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Fabio Capello has denied having signed any pre-contractual agreement to go to Real Madrid. "It’s fantasy football," he joked.

Reports in Spain yesterday claimed the Juve Coach had already agreed to a move to Los Meringues, including a penalty clause in case he should change his mind, but Capello put the whole business down to hot air.

In playful mood after guiding his side through to the last 16 of the Champions League, the 59-year-old initially left the implication that he might, after all, be on his way.

"I had no idea I’d already signed a pre-contract and a penalty clause," he said. "I really can’t reveal how much the penalty clause is."

But it soon became clear he was reacting ironically to a week of speculation surrounding his future.

He once famously said that you should never reheat the same soup - in other words, never go back to a former club – but he did add that Real Madrid could no longer be considered the same side that he once coached.

"It’s only reheated the soup when you go back after just a year when you know everyone and everyone still knows you," he added, referring to his second stint at Milan. "But from my time at Real there are only three players left."

Was the former Real Coach hinting then that he would be going back to take charge of the Galacticos?

"No, there’s no truth in it at all," he revealed. "It’s fantasy football. The news surprised me as much as anyone else.

"I have a contract with the people here and I am working very well, thank you. Che sarà sarà."

Therefore, no move to Spain appears imminent, particularly with the Italian giants as best equipped as they have been in years to launch an assault on the Champions League.

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi also rubbished the link. "These things are written when there is nothing else to write about," he argued.

"A lot of things have been said about us, such as we are going to buy Ronaldinho. He is a great player, but we have no need for him.

"Roy Keane? We don’t sign players who are over 30 and I think I’m right in saying that he is 34. Therefore, he is not part of our plans."<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Also note how he's pointing out a signing of Keane is out of the question.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Marty said:
    Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Fabio Capello has denied having signed any pre-contractual agreement to go to Real Madrid. "It’s fantasy football," he joked.

Reports in Spain yesterday claimed the Juve Coach had already agreed to a move to Los Meringues, including a penalty clause in case he should change his mind, but Capello put the whole business down to hot air.

In playful mood after guiding his side through to the last 16 of the Champions League, the 59-year-old initially left the implication that he might, after all, be on his way.

"I had no idea I’d already signed a pre-contract and a penalty clause," he said. "I really can’t reveal how much the penalty clause is."

But it soon became clear he was reacting ironically to a week of speculation surrounding his future.

He once famously said that you should never reheat the same soup - in other words, never go back to a former club – but he did add that Real Madrid could no longer be considered the same side that he once coached.

"It’s only reheated the soup when you go back after just a year when you know everyone and everyone still knows you," he added, referring to his second stint at Milan. "But from my time at Real there are only three players left."

Was the former Real Coach hinting then that he would be going back to take charge of the Galacticos?

"No, there’s no truth in it at all," he revealed. "It’s fantasy football. The news surprised me as much as anyone else.

"I have a contract with the people here and I am working very well, thank you. Che sarà sarà."

Therefore, no move to Spain appears imminent, particularly with the Italian giants as best equipped as they have been in years to launch an assault on the Champions League.

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi also rubbished the link. "These things are written when there is nothing else to write about," he argued.

"A lot of things have been said about us, such as we are going to buy Ronaldinho. He is a great player, but we have no need for him.

"Roy Keane? We don’t sign players who are over 30 and I think I’m right in saying that he is 34. Therefore, he is not part of our plans."<br><br>Source: Football Italia
    I suppose that's a joke?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Ahhh... Lippi. Juve's reheated soup King. :touched:

But seriously, as much bashing as Cap gets around here, I'd like to see his time with Juve run its course. It's been a long time since he's managed a team to the CL trophy. To do it with three different squads would be pretty amazing, but that's a huge "if" at this point still.

bar&#305;&#351;

i think we can trust him. who wants to go to real now? they are in very bad situation and capello doesn`t want to leave juve for real.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    TBH Swag....I really cant see this, tho I'd love to see Ale lifting the CL, I can see Chelsea and Barca troops meeting there. Capello would turn into a hiero in my eyes and ppl's eyes If he was to win us the CL....

Still I doubt it.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Azzurri7 said:
    TBH Swag....I really cant see this, tho I'd love to see Ale lifting the CL, I can see Chelsea and Barca troops meeting there. Capello would turn into a hiero in my eyes and ppl's eyes If he was to win us the CL....

Still I doubt it.
    I think to expect anyone to delivery the CL trophy is a tall order. You could have an excellent coach and squad, and yet coming in second is viewed as failure (see: Milan 2005). And given the vagaries of injuries, suspensions (see: Juve 2003), and second-tier clubs that suddenly run hot (see: Liverpool 2005) or have a hot goalie ... the odds are stacked heavy against anyone winning it all.

There are just no easy matches past the group stage. You can't take anything for granted.

So while I don't think the odds are in our favor for taking home the trophy this year, the same is also true in aggregate for Barca, Chelsea, Milan, etc. You just play for the best odds you can get, and I'm hopeful that this squad and this coach give us some pretty competitive odds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)