Capello is blasted........AGAIN!!!!! (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Montella blasts Capello years Monday 17 January, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Serie A top scorer Vincenzo Montella has hit out at former Roma boss Fabio Capello.

The attacker netted his 15th and 16th of the season yesterday, in the 2-2 draw with Chievo, before taking a swipe at the current Juventus tactician.

"Why am I top scorer? Because I’m fresh," he joked. "In the last five years I’ve had plenty of rest."

Montella was referring to the fact that he was underused by Capello, who often started him on the bench or regularly replaced him during games.

"I must also thank my teammates though because they do create the chances for me to score the goals," continued the international.

"We’re a bit disappointed we didn’t win yesterday because we got back in the game and there was even time to have snatched a victory.

"Still, looking on the positive side, it’s not easy to come back from two goals down and at least we did that."

The former Sampdoria ace was sidelined for much of last season through injury, but the 30-year-old is back better than ever after his incredible overhead kick on Sunday.

"I’ve waited 10 years to score a goal like that," he explained. "We’ve now got to stay on track to qualify for the Champions’ League."

Montella concluded by reassuring Giallorossi fans that Francesco Totti would not be leaving Roma.

"I don’t believe a player of his intelligence, with his passion for the club, would make a decision based on the behaviour of a small minority of fans," he stated.

Boss Gigi Del Neri agreed. "The Siena episode is already in the past and Totti will stay," he said. "The club’s future lies with him, Antonio Cassano and Montella."

The captain threatened to quit the Olimpico after being insulted by a small section of capital supporters

source: channel4.com

Looks like there r already 4 Roma players complaining about him. Totti + says that Capello is a betrayer, Mexes claiming Capello as a lyer Montella + Dellas complain that they r underused. Speaks the same for DP and Tudor as well. I hate to say this, but sonner or later both of our players wil blast Capello as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Based on that article (and not just the headline alone!!!) I wouldn't exactly say he was blasted. Montella complained about not playing enough, that's completely normal and he's been under used by Del Neri as well.

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    For once I thought I posted at the wrong forum.

Well Montella played 18 games and scored 16 goals. + he faced suspension in 1 match

Against Cagliari he played the 2nd half due to fever + Cassano's misbehaviour + rested by Del Neri. Yet he can score 2 goals.

Ok back to the topic, I feel that wad some of the players say r rather true........let's hope Capello can utilise more players.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Of course it's true. Capello notoriously fields his trusted players instead of rotating the squad. At Roma, Lima could do no wrong, no matter how bad he was he always played. Same goes for Panucci. Montella was dropped because Delvecchio "was better at creating openings" for Batistuta. Later he was dropped because Capello insisted Totti-Cassano was the best possible attack duo. On the off chance he would come off the bench, he often scored important goals but then he was back on the bench the next game.

At Juve there is a pattern developing since Zlatan is playing no matter what but it hasn't been long enough to draw those conclusions yet.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Of course it's true. Capello notoriously fields his trusted players instead of rotating the squad. At Roma, Lima could do no wrong, no matter how bad he was he always played. Same goes for Panucci. Montella was dropped because Delvecchio "was better at creating openings" for Batistuta. Later he was dropped because Capello insisted Totti-Cassano was the best possible attack duo. On the off chance he would come off the bench, he often scored important goals but then he was back on the bench the next game.

At Juve there is a pattern developing since Zlatan is playing no matter what but it hasn't been long enough to draw those conclusions yet.
    So true... TRAP doesnt learn from past mistakes...

Montella is having the last laugh

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Cassano - Montella

---------Totti

Pirlo-De Rossi-Gattuso

Zamby-Canna-Nesta-Oddo

--------Buffon

This is how Italy should play I think for Euro 2006 glory :D

bench:
    -Pelizolli
    -Ferrari
    -Parisi
    -Bonera
    -Chiellini
    -Blasi
    -Perrotta
    -Maresca
    -Camoranesi
    -Di Natale
    -Miccoli
    -Gilardino

(personal point of view, feel free to critizice me, but This is the best :D)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Montella is having the last laugh
    It's just too bad that Roma can't seem to open the doors of the Stadio Olimpico very often these days to allow their fans to witness it. :confused:

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

It's just too bad that Roma can't seem to open the doors of the Stadio Olimpico very often these days to allow their fans to witness it. :confused:
    :howler:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    We have a big Problem with TRAP as Vin calls him:)....

1st...he doesn't know how to use the best part of a player.
    2nd...As one of you mentioned, he had his Lima,Pannuci,Cassano always on the pitch the same goes with Zlatan, he wouldn't rest him no matter what....
    3rd...Stupid tactics as usually...
    4th...etc

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Stupid tactics? These tactics are much better than Lippi's inane tactics last term. At least we don't give up that many goals.
    Andy,

We gave up goals last season due to bad defensive players...not tactics

Legro
    Montero
    Iuliano

Shall I go on ??

The 4-3-1-2 is our only chance to kick start this offense. Put Nedved back where he belongs !!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yes, our defenders were not quality last year, but Lippi's tactics did help either. With that system he used last term it left the defense exposed to counterattacks, and we paid for it. Sure if we would have used this 4-4-2 system last year our defensive record would not be as good as it is now, obviously, but we would not have let in so many goals. We actually should have used this system last season because our defenders sucked so much, while now we have better players in defense so the 4-3-1-2 would work out better this time around. But believe me, last year it was not all Montero's fault, the midfield sucked and Lippi's tactics sucked.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Yes, our defenders were not quality last year, but Lippi's tactics did help either. With that system he used last term it left the defense exposed to counterattacks, and we paid for it. Sure if we would have used this 4-4-2 system last year our defensive record would not be as good as it is now, obviously, but we would not have let in so many goals. We actually should have used this system last season because our defenders sucked so much, while now we have better players in defense so the 4-3-1-2 would work out better this time around. But believe me, last year it was not all Montero's fault, the midfield sucked and Lippi's tactics sucked.
    2 seasons ago,we had a nice defendce but Lippi tactics were the same compare to the past season.so I don't think our awful defence of the last season was because Lippi's tactics.IMO it just because we hadn't a good defensive midfielder last season.we missed Davids.but now,we have Emerson(who I think is better than Davids),also we have Canna and Thuram(as a CENTRAL defender)who you know are many times better than Montero and Legro.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

2 seasons ago,we had a nice defendce but Lippi tactics were the same compare to the past season.so I don't think our awful defence of the last season was because Lippi's tactics.IMO it just because we hadn't a good defensive midfielder last season.we missed Davids.but now,we have Emerson(who I think is better than Davids),also we have Canna and Thuram(as a CENTRAL defender)who you know are many times better than Montero and Legro.
    We had an awful defense last season because we had bad defenders and Lippi did not do enough to cover them from having players rushing at them with the ball. The logical thing to do when you have weak centerbacks is to crowd the middle and to not let attackers run at them. What did Lippi do? He played with only one DM and wanted to push players up the park like defense did not matter. That does not work when you have a weak defense. The system we are using now would have been a better fit for last year.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Andy,

We gave up goals last season due to bad defensive players...not tactics

Legro
    Montero
    Iuliano

Shall I go on ??

The 4-3-1-2 is our only chance to kick start this offense. Put Nedved back where he belongs !!!

you saw how well nedved played with the czech republic in the left winger possittion

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you saw how well nedved played with the czech republic in the left winger possittion
    but in 4-3-1-2 system if he plays as the one behind 2 attackers,he would be more useful.
    Trez------Zlatan
    Nedved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)