Capello: I'd never Coach Juve (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Fabio Capello has added spice to tonight’s match by assuring he would never accept a job with rivals Juventus.

“I decided not to join the Bianconeri,” revealed the Roma boss, “as a lifestyle choice. I did not feel it was a challenge after everything I had done and I simply was not interested.”

Capello is one of Europe’s most successful Coaches with League titles won at Milan, Roma and Real Madrid, in addition to the Champions’ League.

Now he must try to keep his hopes of another Scudetto alive when Roma welcome joint second placed Juventus to the Stadio Olimpico.

“It will be a very important game for us,” he continued. "I predict fireworks and emotions will be running high."

“The team is improving and the special training schedule is making a difference. We understood the reasons behind our difficult period and have worked through it.”

The Capital club slipped down the standings after defeats to Milan and Brescia, while Udinese held them to a 1-1 draw in their last home game.

“I understand the fans being critical of our performances over the last month, but they must understand the level of opposition we are facing. Milan are doing very well right now and we all show them respect for that.”

The Rossoneri have already opened up a five-point lead at the top of the table and could extend that further if Roma and Juventus hold each other up.

“Juve are on fine form and it will take a great Giallorossi performance to get a result,” confessed Capello.

“Marcello Lippi’s side is able to cut across the field with remarkable pace and can find itself in a goal scoring position with just a few passes. We must try to stop that from happening and that is why I’ll include the players I can really count on.”

There were reports of a tactical switch for this match, and it seems as if the 4-4-2 system will leave Antonio Cassano on the bench.

This could cause an upset within the ranks, which are already shaken by persistent rumours of Francesco Totti’s summer switch to Real Madrid.

“He will not leave Roma,” insisted Capello. “I am happy that Totti is appreciated overseas, but he was born in this city and loves the team too much. He will never abandon it.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb8b.html

I saw it in Italian and he didn't say he decided not to join Juve. We never offered him the job. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
But even if he was offered the job, and dint take it. It would be a valid point. After all the successes hes had in his career, he needed a challenge.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Capello is my favourite italian coach, i dont think Juve want him even when lippi leaves the best possible subtitute for him(Lippi)IMO is Deshamps

Dec 27, 2003
What this article fails to mention is that before saying that he would not consider a move to Juve, Capello praised Juventus as being one of the 5 biggest clubs in the World, reminding how he personally had the chance to whitness the efficiency of their system 30 years ago already as a Juventus player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
the hugely disappointing season last year aside,he has done a great job.

i'd still take lippi though.he's made for juve.
like DJ,said there is no two ways about that:thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
I'd say saying Juve won't be a challenge is stupid. When you're a big club, there are high expectations, to the Board of Directors, to the media, and to the fans. basically, to the whole friggin world. Not a challenge you say, Capello?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)