Capello Defends Del Piero (1 Viewer)

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
haha your so sarcastic nicole you couldnt find an answer of totti playing a good game this season? im so sorry for you.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
:wallbang:

One example for you, against Inter. I dont remember the game fully, but Monetella scored an amazing opening goal, only for Adriano (I think) to equalise at half-way, then I remember Recoba scoring a great goal, and someone else scored cant remember who. We were 3-1 down, and on the verge of being over-run. Until we get a free-kick, about 35 yards out, and Totti sticks it in the top corner and we're back in the game, in which De Rossi makes it 3-3 and another valuable point for us. Had Totti not scored at that precise moment, we'd of lost that game badly. It only one example, but its the most vivid right now because it was Francesco's 100th Serie A gol.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
yeah is that the only moment you can rember of totti shining last year not even in the champions league? actually i was also mystified how they played montella and totti while cassano was benched it seems horrible and actualy is.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Hmm, maybe you'd never of something called the Tridente, we played Montella, Totti AND Cassano...

And duh, they'd be nothin good in the CL.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
ive seen the trident but then the new coach changed to 4-4-2 for good reasons. btw another conclusive point that del piero is still better then totti:

1 Cristiano Lucarelli 24 Livorno
2 Alberto Gilardino 23 Parma
3 Vincenzo Montella 21 AS Roma
4 Luca Toni 20 Palermo
5 Mirko Vucinic 19 Lecce
6 Andrei Shevchenko 17 AC Milan
7 Mauro Esposito 16 Cagliari
8 Zlatan Ibrahimovic 16 Juventus
9 Adriano 16 Internazionale
10 David Di Michele 15 Udinese
11 Alessandro Del Piero 14 Juventus
12 Francesco Flachi 14 Sampdoria
13 Vincenzo Iaquinta 13 Udinese
14 Tommaso Rocchi 13 Lazio
15 Christian Vieri 13 Internazionale
16 Francesco Totti 12 AS Roma

he still manages to produce more goales than totti eveen though beeing subsituted 27 times. and not to forget the champions league were del piero scored 3 times while totti manged 1

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Why do you think he was substituted? Cause he was ineffective in those games.

And that means nothing, unless Lucarelli is the best striker in Serie A? Form is temporary in this case, as Francesco was the best player in Serie A last season. Plus our whole team had a bad season, so its unfair to compare.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
wow you realy manage to talk from your hole dont you :D

so if del piero wasnt effective with 14 goals what the hell was totti doing on the pitch?

Francesco was the best player in serie A and he wasnt called up for the national team that surely means one thing that he wasnt the best player in serie A.

and its utterly fair to compare del piero with totti when roma have a bad season... del piero is criticised every day of his life.

i think talk over del piero wins the day and nicole loses ..sorry but gotta go out have a date cya

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
Francesco was the best player in serie A and he wasnt called up for the national team that surely means one thing that he wasnt the best player in serie A.
Hmm...he was Serie A Player of the Year...or Italian Player of the Year, I think thats what its called.

and its utterly fair to compare del piero with totti when roma have a bad season... del piero is criticised every day of his life.
And why do the media do that? They just dont like him? Everyone is against Del Piero why? Is it that, they dont like his hair style or something? No, its because they can see what everyone else but Juve fans can...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Oh my god, I have a closed mind :rofl:

I've critised Totti when he's ****ed up more times then anyone, he was still better then Del Piero last season.
:LOL: :LOL: you did follow Serie A, now did you?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Why do you think he was substituted? Cause he was ineffective in those games.

And that means nothing, unless Lucarelli is the best striker in Serie A? Form is temporary in this case, as Francesco was the best player in Serie A last season. Plus our whole team had a bad season, so its unfair to compare.
I bet you didn't even watch one single Juve match last year.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Hmm...he was Serie A Player of the Year...or Italian Player of the Year, I think thats what its called.

And why do the media do that? They just dont like him? Everyone is against Del Piero why? Is it that, they dont like his hair style or something? No, its because they can see what everyone else but Juve fans can...
Try to be more mature, we all know Media has something against Alex, asking why? Lol, you can't ask "why" when they can make Money out of Alex.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

I bet you didn't even watch one single Juve match last year.
Juve vs Lazio - Good goal by Nedved, bad performance though.

Juve vs Fiorentina - Sorry, its unfair to say I watched this game, I think I fell asleep.

Not all, just 2 examples.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Totti is not better than del Piero last season..in fact the whole Roma team sux..
Talk about the trident?? how Roma got their ass kicked in the cl? it's an italian disgrace....
Roma shouldn;t play in CL for another 5 yrs or so..until they r capable to buy in some real quality stars, this is to defend the honour of seria A...
Totti was better than Del Piero in past few seasons..but definitely not last season where DP scored/assisted some amazing goals and helped clinched the title for Juventus...he has proved his value even he was used as a sub..and now a lot of ppl have expected totti to perform for the NT...i fear things might not look too good for wc2006 if we depends on 1 saviour only...Italy is a team of 11 heroes and not just 1...totti did well in euo2000, one of the best, but he failed us badly in wc02 n euro04..esp euro04..with his bizzarre behaviour...
i rest my case....

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by lavenderguy ] ++
Totti is not better than del Piero last season..in fact the whole Roma team sux..
Talk about the trident?? how Roma got their ass kicked in the cl? it's an italian disgrace....
Roma shouldn;t play in CL for another 5 yrs or so..until they r capable to buy in some real quality stars, this is to defend the honour of seria A...
Totti was better than Del Piero in past few seasons..but definitely not last season where DP scored/assisted some amazing goals and helped clinched the title for Juventus...he has proved his value even he was used as a sub..and now a lot of ppl have expected totti to perform for the NT...i fear things might not look too good for wc2006 if we depends on 1 saviour only...Italy is a team of 11 heroes and not just 1...totti did well in euo2000, one of the best, but he failed us badly in wc02 n euro04..esp euro04..with his bizzarre behaviour...
i rest my case....
Agree.

:clap:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)