Capello asks for Joaquin (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Cannavaro has struggled at inter. but the truth is, many players do. its like a death trap joining that club.

Cannavaro is a good player, as is thuram. both are in their 30's. The way i see it is that who will be better for the central role? To me, i believe Cannavaro is the player in the centre of defence. Ferrari sint joining juventus, if he was, we would have signed already. We really need a general defence, a player to take over Montero in the team. The defenders who have been rumoured to us are mostly tall defenders like mexes and squillaci, none really fit the bill of taking over montero in that defence.

Cannavaro would be a good swap for thuram. a straight swap would be very handy. Of course this means that Moggi would have to sign a good right back as well. But he is looking into that already.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #62
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++And these players are?! Ferrari and Mexes aren't as good as Cannavaro...
    LOL

cannavaro has had a terrible season at inter. hes never been good at inter. stop judging him on his reputation. HE WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR JUVE.

explain to me why we should spend a lot of moneuy, or exchange a player, most likely thuram, for a 31 year old whos just come off the back of 2 bad seasons. :fero:

ferrari>cannavaro.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Joaquin: I'd love Juventus move

Real Betis winger Joaquin has declared he'd welcome a move to Juventus.

The Spanish international has been put on the market at a starting price of £17 million.

"When a coach like Capello says that you have quality, you cannot be unhappy about that," said Joaquin.

"A transfer to Italy? It would be a beautiful experience, in the last years your game has become more offensive than in the past.

"Juve plays with four midfielders, I would fit in well."

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    He's playing brilliantly for Spain in the game vs Greece right now.

If Juve want him, the price will be £14m maximum I'm sure. Although I'd like to see it at about £10-12m.

But we need to sort the defence pronto!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
    He's playing brilliantly for Spain in the game vs Greece right now.

If Juve want him, the price will be £14m maximum I'm sure. Although I'd like to see it at about £10-12m.

The Spanish international has been put on the market at a starting price of £17 million.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    No need to spell it out. The point is, that he's on the market at £17m. I mean Juve will only get him for £14m max, in other words Betis would have to reduce their price. And it's possible that Juve could get them to do that. Possibly if a player is involved in a loan deal. Let them have Montero :lol:

No way will Juve give them £17m for that, so if Betis don't cut the price, he'll be staying put. If only Betis had financial problems....

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
    No need to spell it out. The point is, that he's on the market at £17m. I mean Juve will only get him for £14m max, in other words Betis would have to reduce their price.

why they need to reduce?

juve is not the only club interested in joaquin. real madrid are a lot more interested than juve and they could offer more than juve ;)

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Shenanigans ] ++

LOL

cannavaro has had a terrible season at inter. hes never been good at inter. stop judging him on his reputation. HE WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR JUVE.

explain to me why we should spend a lot of moneuy, or exchange a player, most likely thuram, for a 31 year old whos just come off the back of 2 bad seasons. :fero:

ferrari>cannavaro.
    In your dreams......Canna is the best Italian def. after Nesta...
    Everybody can have one bad season.....

Viva Juve

Jun 1, 2004
    GET JOAQUIN! FOR U LOT WHO SAY 'NO' SOD U AS U DONT KNOW ANYTHING. THIS PLAYER HAS SOOO MUCH POTENTIAL. WE SHOULD GET HIM BREAK THE BANK DAMMIT! SELL CAMORANESI AND THE OTHER DEAD WOOD IN THE TEAM AND START GETTING EXCITING WINGERS WITH PACE COS THATS WHAT JUVE ARE MISSING. AND STICK A BRAZILIAN TOO.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Now that we want him and that he played well he'll go to Chelsea. :rolleyes:
    Says Who !!! Is Chelsea going to buy all the players in the world !!

We should make an offer for Betis for him and sign him

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++

Says Who !!! Is Chelsea going to buy all the players in the world !!

We should make an offer for Betis for him and sign him
    I agree we should make an offer. It's an upgrade to Camoranesi.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

what are you talking about?!!

juve should do whatever it takes to bring Joaquin and Cannavaro to turin.

:groan:

i was hoping that Capello, being a legendary coach as he is, would make a more out of the blue signing... a gem thats invicible to people's eyes... somethinh that Juventus have lived on all this years.. Camoranesi, Zambrotta, etc... anyone can go to a big club make a wishlist as he is making right now...i expected more...:undecide:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    A player like him is needed in every team. He can open the flank, and he can make the best crosses, even with two defenders covering him. Really great player and I hope anyhow we can sign him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)