Capello asks for Joaquin (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
vicente is a proven player.

Zlatan, a massive risk as he isnt known for being a lethal striker.

Joquin, as my crazy friend bark said, if we could lower his price, i would take a shot.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NZjuvefan ] ++
I think maybe Moggi should take a risk on an unproven player. Vicente, Ibrahimovic would be great
Vicente and Ibrahimovic to a certain extent are proven players IMO, but you really think we should take the risk for other unproven players?

Joaquin's too expensive. And though he'd be a great acquisition, he's not exactly a necessity.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Joaquin is interesting. obviously miles ahead of camoranesi, however his price does seem somewhat high for us. but nonetheless, if emerson and joaquin joined, we are looking at a way better midfield already compared to last season.

as for the cannavaro and thuram swap, i really dont mind that. Provided we bring in a good right back, Cannavaro is probably needed if Ferrari isnt joining. Cannavaro and Mexes would be nice as you have experience and great young talent.

OP

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++
    I said that because you said he a had a bad season.

that is not even the point OK. Cannavaro is already a proven world class player which he showed today against Denmark. he's the freakin italian captin for crying out load. what the hell are you on about??!!

And to say that De Rossi is better than Emerson is just stupid. Unless your living in a CM world.
    LOL.

cannavaro has one good game and that means we should buy him? :irritate:

hes only the italian captain because hes got the most caps. and yes, those caps came when he was able to have good seasons, seasons at parma, not inter. buying a 31 year old whos just had a bad season is NOT a good decision. and of course he will have a good euro2004. that doesnt change a thing. he will only go back to having an average season at inter.

thats what inter does to players.

also, for crying out loud, read wha i said about de rossi and emerson above.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Shenanigans ] ++

LOL.

cannavaro has one good game and that means we should buy him? :irritate:

hes only the italian captain because hes got the most caps. and yes, those caps came when he was able to have good seasons, seasons at parma, not inter. buying a 31 year old whos just had a bad season is NOT a good decision. and of course he will have a good euro2004. that doesnt change a thing. he will only go back to having an average season at inter.

thats what inter does to players.

also, for crying out loud, read wha i said about de rossi and emerson above.
    For crying out loud you don't even know who Vicente and Joaquin are.

OP

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    by the by, saying "so...who is this player" is not meant to be taken literally. :irritate:

that should be taken for granted seeing as the articles i just posted explained who they were.

furthermore, if i didnt know who they were, how would that affect me saying cannavaro would not be good for juve!?

youre on top form today. :nasty:

Aug 1, 2003
    alright already, stop the bold writings :D

1. cannavaro doesn't have just 'one good game'. He's proven. watch tapes of his plays.

2. so if he's had a bad season in inter he sucks totally? Geez, Edgar Davids sucked in Milan but he did well in Juve :rolleyes: Fabio Cannavaro plays for an underachieving team which is Inter, but even so he has had only a bad season because Inter wholly had bad season, but not him alone, his defense quality is still intact for god's sake

OP

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    what bold writings?

ive seen him play all season. doesnt make me think juve should buy him.

davids was still young, not 31!

:irritate:

Aug 1, 2003
    So ? Maldini and Costacurta are God knows how old (not to mention Baggio as a good example) but they're still tough and good as if they're in their 20s

I'm not saying that you're saying we must buy him, it's just that you imply as if Cannavaro isn't good enough or something, that's just crazy... but everyone has their opinions, so I respect yours :)

Bold writings - like your number '31'

:irritate: :D

OP

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #58
    cannavaro is not for jvue. there are better and younger players, who have just come off the back of a good season. thats my point.

so...onto this bold issue then...? :irritate:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Shenanigans ] ++
    cannavaro is not for jvue. there are better and younger players, who have just come off the back of a good season. thats my point.
    And these players are?! Ferrari and Mexes aren't as good as Cannavaro...

NZjuvefan

Jun 2, 2004
    It seems we will have to put in a huge offer for Mexes to get him now. I dont see us getting him now. What other options do we have apart fom Mexes, Ferrari and Canna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)