Capello and Scottish football (3 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well i am just about done with my bottle ofclynelish, very nice so will be on the lokout for a new bottle and will repotr here soon.
here roverbhoy, any chance we can convince strach to take the first team out on the bevvy saturday night? 3 points would stop me popping all the prozac, bad enough juve stuttering at the end i cant stand to see the jambo's do it to me also

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
To be honest I think Hearts are good enough to gub the Celtic this weekend without any help. Just depends on which Hearts team is sent out.
The Hibs games really thrown a spanner in the works for Hearts euro ambitions but it's all still in their own hands.
The last game of the season will be the a cracker

Sep 28, 2002
Roverbhoy said:
I keep my malts for special occasions and usually drink grain. I like Whyte and Mackay...but after a little while I couldn't care less as long as it's wet
hail hail!

my choice is anything that's wet and burns straight from the start.

Sep 28, 2002
Roverbhoy said:
To be honest I think Hearts are good enough to gub the Celtic this weekend without any help. Just depends on which Hearts team is sent out.
The Hibs games really thrown a spanner in the works for Hearts euro ambitions but it's all still in their own hands.
The last game of the season will be the a cracker
how many games there's left? 2? never quite followed the system, but 12 teams is confusing. how many times hibs and hearts played each others this year? i've lost all counts.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Fliakis said:
how many games there's left? 2? never quite followed the system, but 12 teams is confusing. how many times hibs and hearts played each others this year? i've lost all counts.
Well, to let you know, Celtic have already won the SPL, but the second CL spot is still up for grabs.

Hearts are in the driving seat but play Celtic at the weekend.

Hearts play Rangers in the last game of the season...probably winner takes all.

Sep 28, 2002
Roverbhoy said:
Well, to let you know, Celtic have already won the SPL, but the second CL spot is still up for grabs.

Hearts are in the driving seat but play Celtic at the weekend.

Hearts play Rangers in the last game of the season...probably winner takes all.
im sorry but im rooting for hearts this week. we never had a lithuanian team in the champions league. :pint: then again yeah, rangers game is decisive. is the match this week at celtic park? and how many games are played in season? 38? 36?

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League Table
P GD PTS
1 Celtic 35 57 87
2 Hearts 35 38 68
3 Rangers 35 25 64
4 Hibernian 35 12 56
5 Kilmarnock 35 1 52
6 Aberdeen 35 3 50
7 Inverness CT 35 9 49
8 Motherwell 35 -6 45
9 Dundee Utd 35 -22 32
10 Falkirk 35 -30 27
11 Dunfermline 35 -36 27
12 Livingston 35 -51 18

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Fliakis said:
im sorry but im rooting for hearts this week. we never had a lithuanian team in the champions league. :pint: then again yeah, rangers game is decisive. is the match this week at celtic park? and how many games are played in season? 38? 36?

Most Celtic fans would be quite happy to loose to Hearts this weekend and put the pressure on the 'gers

I'd love to see Hearts in the CL as they play good attractive footie

The games at Tynecastle.

There are 38 games in the season

Sep 28, 2002
Roverbhoy said:
Most Celtic fans would be quite happy to loose to Hearts this weekend and put the pressure on the 'gers

I'd love to see Hearts in the CL as they play good attractive footie

The games at Tynecastle.

There are 38 games in the season
ok, so how does that work out. in italy there are 2 rounds of 19 games, home and away with every team. how is it in scotland.

btw, scotland and lithuania again in qualifiers for the euros :eyebrows:

Sep 28, 2002
Roverbhoy said:
What do you know about Hearts owner - Romanov

Seems to be a BIG personalty who gets his own way...same in your country?

no, not really. he's quite unknown in these parts actually. president of the board in one of the banks but thats no big deal. i believe most of his bussiness is done in russia. also he's the owner of fbk kaunas, ex champions of lithuania. dont know much about him, but he aint a BIG gun over here.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Fliakis said:
ok, so how does that work out. in italy there are 2 rounds of 19 games, home and away with every team. how is it in scotland.

btw, scotland and lithuania again in qualifiers for the euros :eyebrows:

Each team plays each other three times...league split into two...top six play each other once... 33 games plus 5

Scotland and Lithuania again...fate

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Fliakis said:
no, not really. he's quite unknown in these parts actually. president of the board in one of the banks but thats no big deal. i believe most of his bussiness is done in russia. also he's the owner of fbk kaunas, ex champions of lithuania. dont know much about him, but he aint a BIG gun over here.
That's a surprise...we get the impression here that he could run for president and win...just goes to show you that all may not be as they seem

Sep 28, 2002
Roverbhoy said:
That's a surprise...we get the impression here that he could run for president and win...just goes to show you that all may not be as they seem
with that much money anyone could win presidency here. but no, he wouldnt be the first choice. i know jambos may be frustrated at him, but im really glad he's giving our guys a run in a decent team. e.g. chesnauskis was a reserve player in a russian team.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ok guys here is a link to the goals from tynecastle yesterday, great for us jambo fans and even better if you wanna see "the great" roy keane fluffing a chance at 2-0 that could have got celtic back in the game lol.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well i doubt anyone here will really care very much but the team i was brought up supporting hearts have just had the most mazing season. you think juve's season was bizzare? well it aint nothing compared to the emotional wreck i have become watching the jambo's this season.
started off when a russian multi millionaire took us over last season when it looked like we would become bankrupt (£18 million debt) and have to sell the stadium we have been in for 120 years to pay the debts. the new owner came in and secured the future of the stadium and the club.
the season started phenominally, no-one new what to expect with all the new players coming in but we had a dtrong backbone to the team with the scotland goalie and centre back pairing with the excellent paul hartley in midfield. confidence was high though with the management of george burley fuelling excitement.
the seasn got off with a bang a 4-0 drubbing of hibs in the derby and a 9 game winning run at the start of the season saw real promise but then the unthinkable happened, george burley was sacked and the board members quit in protest, suddenly a dream season was falling apart at the seams.
graham rix came in and took over but results started to slip and celtic raced ahead at the top of the table, the title dream was over and now rangers were catching us for secong place. mad vlad the impaler (as the papers called him) had no hesitation in swinging the axe and hearts were without a manager again. in came a lithuianian legend to take over the first team till the end of the season and lead us to second place and a semi final against hibs.
the semi went like a dream and hearts spanked hibs 4-0 again to get to the final, holding off rangers and finisshing second to earn the Cl place meant that it could be a momentous season as we had the second division champs (seriec1) in the cup final, surely an easywin.
however heatrs never do anything the easy way, 20 years after blowing the title on the last day of the season and losing a cup final a week later, hearts fans know all about the pain of these days gone wrong. 1-1 after extra time and we win on penalties, gretna gave us an almighty scare but i tell you this the celebrations of a cup win in edinburgh are extremely enjoyable.
so hearts finish second and win the cup (a major trophy to win in scotland) it was a season i will never forget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)