Canuck You: The Official Canadian thread (8 Viewers)

OP

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
  • Thread Starter #24
    Good luck then and hopefully that will be soon enough.

You're going south of the borders?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, don't answer it's none of my business.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    She's just embarrassed, since I destabilize her every time I post.

Yeah, don't generalize, please.
    What gives you the right to do so ?

I hate where I live, not necessarily all Canada, but it's done a lot to make me suspicious of them. It's absolute crap. You can't get good food, no entertainment comes here because it's a shithole, and everything is really, really expensive. The young people who live here think they're the best thing that ever happened, and are really rude to foreigners.

I don't know, it's just crap. I wouldn't want my kids growing up here. But that's just this city.
    I know what you mean, i've been in such situations myself.

I grew up in a small town with alot of green zones in it, really liked the place, friendly people etc.

The past 4 years i have lived at my studenthome in Kiel. Its a multicultural area. Its dirty, boring, nearly nobody speaks dutch or french, probelm youth, mostly morrocan on every streetcorner with cocky behavior. The few actual belgians who live here are mostly marginal people in trainingsuits, or very unfriendly elderly.
    I never felt at home, living in a room in a concrete 3 story building.
    Sure, i've met some guys who were friendly, mostly comming from iraq or dubai, but generally they keep to themselves and you feel shut down.
    Local food is 90% kebab. Not good kebab like the friendly turks in vilvoorde or strombeek make, but very poor quality overpriced antwerp kebab. Take aways are
    expensive, trams are allways late and full of problemseekers with their loud shitr&b/dutch rap music.
    I know exactly what you mean when you say you wouldnt want to raise kids there...

But look. In september we moved to aartselaar, wich is a relatively green town. Its not a cheap area, but its such an amazing place to live. I love this appartment and the surrounding. Friendly people, i can actually talk to, and regular youth who are buzy about their education, entertainment or hobby's rather then "get of my street".

You can do this aswell. Its never to late to just move to another well chosen area. And i know you would become so much happier. Dont lose hope Kate

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    Good luck then and hopefully that will be soon enough.

You're going south of the borders?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, don't answer it's none of my business.
    Oh don't worry about it, I just had to step out for a sec, not ignoring you.

We'll likely move back to England to be near friends and family.

I know what you mean, i've been in such situations myself.

I grew up in a small town with alot of green zones in it, really liked the place, friendly people etc.

The past 4 years i have lived at my studenthome in Kiel. Its a multicultural area. Its dirty, boring, nearly nobody speaks dutch or french, probelm youth, mostly morrocan on every streetcorner with cocky behavior. The few actual belgians who live here are mostly marginal people in trainingsuits, or very unfriendly elderly.
    I never felt at home, living in a room in a concrete 3 story building.
    Sure, i've met some guys who were friendly, mostly comming from iraq or dubai, but generally they keep to themselves and you feel shut down.
    Local food is 90% kebab. Not good kebab like the friendly turks in vilvoorde or strombeek make, but very poor quality overpriced antwerp kebab. Take aways are
    expensive, trams are allways late and full of problemseekers with their loud shitr&b/dutch rap music.
    I know exactly what you mean when you say you wouldnt want to raise kids there...

But look. In september we moved to aartselaar, wich is a relatively green town. Its not a cheap area, but its such an amazing place to live. I love this appartment and the surrounding. Friendly people, i can actually talk to, and regular youth who are buzy about their education, entertainment or hobby's rather then "get of my street".

You can do this aswell. Its never to late to just move to another well chosen area. And i know you would become so much happier. Dont lose hope Kate
    I haven't lost hope :) I am glad my boyfriend and I are at least on the same page, if he'd fallen in love with the place then I don't know what I'd do. We will hopefully just move back to our old city, as we have mutual friends there :)

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    Thats a bigger step then i had in mind, but surely it cant turn out bad :)

Its important you two are on the same page about these things
    We'd have to move out of this province to find a nicer area (I live in the "affluent" part of town already), so we might as well move countries.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think I'm gonna start calling TrezJuve by his Inuit name: "Padlakpok", which means "falls while walking".

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    IF this is the Canadian thread,then @TrezJuve, @Mark and @Trequarista don't belong. Bunch of filthy Québécois separatist peasants,

in fact those three should go with @JBF and @W and post about imaginary countries

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    I hate where I live, not necessarily all Canada, but it's done a lot to make me suspicious of them. It's absolute crap. You can't get good food, no entertainment comes here because it's a shithole, and everything is really, really expensive. The young people who live here think they're the best thing that ever happened, and are really rude to foreigners.

I don't know, it's just crap. I wouldn't want my kids growing up here. But that's just this city.
    I know that feel all too well, first few years I lived in Edmonton, I was very disgusted about everything around me. Mind you I was moving from out east in Ottawa, to a fucking ranch. It was the first time I've seen an aboriginal person, never seen a single one of 'em out east that shocked the shit out of me, specially seeing in which state they were in and how they were demonized and looked down upon by EVERY ethnicity around.

As a matter of fact, their oppression is accepted to the point were there is a mural in one of the main train station of the city, portraying an old white couple in a suburban '70's neighborhood with native kids, they were straight up openly embracing the gruesome history of the residential schools that ripped today's natives of all their culture and language. And today they "made" up for it by putting up a gimmickish native art on the opposing wall.

Canadians in general are flaccid and passive people. However whatever I may say about this country, it has raised me and it exposed me to a ridiculous amount of diversity. So chapeau to Canada, mais je pisse dans ce chapeau a la con!

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/Mural+becomes+signpost+journey+toward+reconciliation/7096176/story.html

Gonna add this to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)