Cannavaro's return - probable? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Is it so hard for people to understand that it was Juventus who most probably wanted him to leave???

He's pretty old, there was no guarantees that he would keep his form until we got to Serie A, the clubs wages needed to be slashed, his value wasnt ever going to get any higher after such a world cup performance, hence it was the time we could get most money for him, the club (correctly) estimated that we could get to Serie A without him...

Hence, the club thozght it was best to take the money and sell him.

If they wanted him to stay he probably would have. But IMO the club wanted him to go more than he did.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
FFS if we had kep all the players in Serie B we would have gone bankrupt.

Huge wages, no Serie A money, No Cl money, No TV money, no sponsorship money, etc...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If they wanted him to stay he probably would have. But IMO the club wanted him to go more than he did.
The club kept the likes of Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Nedved, Buffon, Del Piero etc despite one of them wanting out... all attacking players except for you know who. Do you honestly think they would want to keep some of those players over Cannavaro who was at the time the best stopper in the world? Give me a fucking break.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He was the worlds best stopper who was 33, who wouldnt get to serie A until he was 34-35, and who could fetch a decent amount of money and his value could only drop.

FFS, any sane manager would do the same. Thuram was also one of thew worlds best defenders but going downhill and the club begged Barcelona to take him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Is it so hard for people to understand that it was Juventus who most probably wanted him to leave???

He's pretty old, there was no guarantees that he would keep his form until we got to Serie A, the clubs wages needed to be slashed, his value wasnt ever going to get any higher after such a world cup performance, hence it was the time we could get most money for him, the club (correctly) estimated that we could get to Serie A without him...

Hence, the club thozght it was best to take the money and sell him.

I disagree, you could say that for Thuram, but Canna wasnt that old and we didnt even cashed in big time for him, it was a rushed move and judging by the club he joined and the circumstances, its pretty obvious why he did it, he has no excuses...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He was the worlds best stopper who was 33, who wouldnt get to serie A until he was 34-35, and who could fetch a decent amount of money and his value could only drop.

FFS, any sane manager would do the same. Thuram was also one of thew worlds best defenders but going downhill and the club begged Barcelona to take him.
You could get more money for any of those players I mentioned except Nedved... now please tell me a complaining Camoranesi would not be sacrificed for the best stopper in the world. .

I just don't buy it, Zlatan. Any manager would not sell both starting centerbacks instead of a midfielder if something was not up. It all starts with a good defense and we sold both Thuram and Cannavaro... only idiots would sell both of them and keep the likes of those players I mentioned, if we're talking about managerial and financial decisions.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
All those players could get more money but they also had a few years in them and they were not in their peak value, thats my point.

You could sell Buffon but he also has 6-7 years of top football in him, and his value would ony increase when we got to Serie A. Same for Trez, same for Camo, etc.

Also, if the club really wanted to keep Canna they didnt have to sell him. They could have made him stay just like they did Camo.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Look Andy, Zlatan is right. If you need to choose from 10 people who need to leave, who would you choose? If I'm right they want Ibra to stay but he want's to go. If Ibra would stay they would probably sell Trez. If someone at that time will give them 10 mio EUR for Nedved, they will probably sell him too.
They were in the situation when they need to save the club and they need to come back to seria A in one year. They shouldn't loose Gigi, because he is the best and they shouldn't loose DP, because he is the symbol of the club. They need to choose between the rest.
So bring canna back and also get Milito or Barzagli and we will have the best defence.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm not really on board with all the Canna haters around here. Yes, he left when we needed him, despite making clear his intentions to be with us all the way down to C. Having said that though, I dont know if any of you noticed that despite having gone to Madrid and won there, he still wants to come back here and play for Juventus, when in reality he owes us nothing. The two years he spent with us, he played like he was a born Juventini. Let's not forget the fact that he's a Napoli boy and they're back in Serie A this season, yet he still wants to play for us. Despite the fact, that us like Napoli will not be offering him what Madrid can: a shot at what he wants more than anything, the Champions League.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look Andy, Zlatan is right. If you need to choose from 10 people who need to leave, who would you choose? If I'm right they want Ibra to stay but he want's to go. If Ibra would stay they would probably sell Trez. If someone at that time will give them 10 mio EUR for Nedved, they will probably sell him too.
They were in the situation when they need to save the club and they need to come back to seria A in one year. They shouldn't loose Gigi, because he is the best and they shouldn't loose DP, because he is the symbol of the club. They need to choose between the rest.
So bring canna back and also get Milito or Barzagli and we will have the best defence.
No, narchi, he's not right. I wouldn't sell the best stopper in the world before playing in Serie B because it all starts with the defense. We sold our two starting centerbacks which left us with the likes of Legrottaglie and that's pretty much it. How imbecilic is that? We apparently kept Camo despite him wanting away and we could have received just as much for him as we did with Fabio. But no, we sold Cannavaro to real for an undisclosed fee, probably around 8 million Euros, which is rather pathetic for the best stopper in the world.

Any sane person would keep a player such as Cannavaro at his age and how he performed for Juve, in comparison to a player such as Camo who has been whining for two years now. As I recall his wages were not larger than Del Piero's, Nedved's nor Trezeguet's, so it just doesn't make sense dude.

Cannavaro was over the moon ever since the first day he transferred to Real and he stated he had no regrets halfway through the season. It makes me sick even thinking about this douchebag.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm not really on board with all the Canna haters around here. Yes, he left when we needed him, despite making clear his intentions to be with us all the way down to C. Having said that though, I dont know if any of you noticed that despite having gone to Madrid and won there, he still wants to come back here and play for Juventus, when in reality he owes us nothing. The two years he spent with us, he played like he was a born Juventini. Let's not forget the fact that he's a Napoli boy and they're back in Serie A this season, yet he still wants to play for us. Despite the fact, that us like Napoli will not be offering him what Madrid can: a shot at what he wants more than anything, the Champions League.

Thats true, if he really didnt care for the club he wouldnt want to come back when he only has a year or two of top football in him, knowing that we probably wont challenge for the Serie A for another 2 or 3 years at best, that we wont be pleying in the CL next year, and that, by the time we're back to the top he'll be too old to be a part of the success.

IMO, if he's willing to sacrifice playing at a top side in the cl, taking reduced wages and playing in a team in reconstruction, well, IMO that means he does care for the club.

Also, if he would to come back, we would pay less than we sold him for, and he would take reduced wages, so it would be like loaning him out for a year with profit.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
No, narchi, he's not right. I wouldn't sell the best stopper in the world before playing in Serie B because it all starts with the defense. We sold our two starting centerbacks which left us with the likes of Legrottaglie and that's pretty much it. How imbecilic is that? We apparently kept Camo despite him wanting away and we could have received just as much for him as we did with Fabio. But no, we sold Cannavaro to real for an undisclosed fee, probably around 8 million Euros, which is rather pathetic for the best stopper in the world.

Any sane person would keep a player such as Cannavaro at his age and how he performed for Juve, in comparison to a player such as Camo who has been whining for two years now. As I recall his wages were not larger than Del Piero's, Nedved's nor Trezeguet's, so it just doesn't make sense dude.

Cannavaro was over the moon ever since the first day he transferred to Real and he stated he had no regrets halfway through the season. It makes me sick even thinking about this douchebag.

FFS Andy, dont be so melodramatic, you dont need the worlds best defender to win Serie B, as has been proven. And 8-10 mil € (and I believe that the fee was closer to 11 mil €), is pretty decent for a 33 year old considering the position we were in at the time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
FFS Andy, dont be so melodramatic, you dont need the worlds best defender to win Serie B, as has been proven. And 8-10 mil € (and I believe that the fee was closer to 11 mil €), is pretty decent for a 33 year old considering the position we were in at the time.
So what, do we need Kaka to win Serie B then? :rolleyes:

All this same shit has been stated countless times and we aren't getting anywhere. I'm going to stick by my opinion because in all honesty it makes the most sense... no club sells both starting centerbacks no matter what the reason. We've had enough problems with our defense this season considering we're Juventus FFS. Any idiot can see that.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
No club sells their starting centrebacks when they're both 33-34? Right

And why didnt they keep Thuram instead of forcing him out?

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
what??? :D i didnt know that one... so thuram was a burden for Juve... its sad to hear that...
zlatan n andy stop it now... u guys making fools of urself... canna went so what? we r back in serie a n we'll build a Juve in accordance to our history... the 2 central defenders will be 2 leaders as thuram n canna...
peace mates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)