Cannavaro to Juventus soon (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
and how do you know that ?

as said before canna wants the CL plus he will play a season or two before he goes back to napoli.

barzagli maybe not as good as canna but he is easier to obtain plus he is young and want to prove himself in a larger club

zepata is great but he is too young. we should get him as a backup for the time being and as a part of the future defence
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=346758

here but it says that they are agianst of cannas return i dont know....

Adzke

May 19, 2007
It's quite an achievement actually. :D
Dare say so. It's a new a new initiative for Moratti. Juventus can only field ten players at a time. The hipocrite has paid a lot of money for it to go through, and seems confident it will soon be a reality.

Both him and Mancini sees this as a great way for Inter to "win" another scudetto.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
if those are buffons wishes then go for it
plus hes the cheapest option out there by far...barza is rated at 15-16 and meira is rated at 20million while canna would be less than 10 for sure

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Really?
If you understand Italian you should watch this:

http://www.skylife.it/html/skylife/sport/v...to.html?video=2

And it ir rumoured that Ale wants him back, too...

EDIT: Trezeguet was asked about it, too, and he said that the players talked about it and that the door is always open for Fabio.
Lol, i just read it before i saw your post, wanted to post it also.
And i agree : he remains the captain of Italy and is still one of the best defenders in the world.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Buffon wished for a strong central defender, he did not care who will take the spot.
Buffon named Canna in many occasions, while most of our players avoided that,
i wanted to point out, that our managers/owners are smarter than that, they said now and no matter what Buffon or any other player/fan say will not change that!

Really?
If you understand Italian you should watch this:

http://www.skylife.it/html/skylife/sport/v...to.html?video=2

And it ir rumored that Ale wants him back, too...

EDIT: Trezeguet was asked about it, too, and he said that the players talked about it and that the door is always open for Fabio.
Unfortunately i was late, i probably missed the news or the video you wanted to saw me there. Thanx for the note in EDIT
exactly the kind of comments that i ve heard from our players, they said that they respect him as a player and there are no harsh feelings between them.
Because they now it wont be their choices, if our managers would decide to bring Canna, they would be in trouble and an extra problem for the Italian ones who will have to play with him in NT.
I think all the interest and love for Canna are too far fetched, there is no real interest on him, it is in Juve's best interest not to buy Canna now anyway,
for many many reasons, all this is just some fans, desperate dream...

Mar 28, 2007
Trez on Scudetto mission Sunday 15 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet says this season will give Juventus the chance to “bring back what was taken from us – the Scudetto.”

The Frenchman was one of several top stars who stayed with the club after their demotion to Serie B and the removal of the 2005 and 2006 titles in the Calciopoli scandal.

“We lost two Scudetti despite proving on the field that we were the best. Now we want them back. That is the only thought in our minds,” he said from their pre-season training camp.

“We want to bring back what was taken from us. We have to at least try, as when you are Juve then second or third place is worth nothing.”

The Bianconeri have been off the Serie A stage for a year, but now they are back with Coach Claudio Ranieri and a host of new signings including Jorge Andrade, Tiago, Vincenzo Iaquinta, Sergio Almiron and Hasan Salihamidzic.

“We have a very competitive squad and above all an extremely strong desire to prove ourselves. Inter and Milan are a step above because they have been together for longer, but our determination can compensate for that. The Scudetto is possible.

“The game with Inter will be a special one, but so will all the encounters with the big clubs. We have waited a year for this.”

Trezeguet had been on the verge of leaving Turin this summer and negotiations with Inter were said to be at an advanced stage.

“I wanted to stay, because I have deep roots in this club. I only asked for a strong squad that was worthy of Juve’s tradition and could immediately challenge for the title. I never thought of leaving, nor of waiting until my contract expired.”

Some say the key turning point was the arrival of former Chelsea and Parma boss Ranieri to replace Didier Deschamps.

“He called me and said he wanted to focus on me. It doesn’t matter if a striker like Iaquinta has arrived, as we can happily play in the same line-up.”

The reinforcements aren’t complete yet, as reports continue to circulate that Fabio Cannavaro will make a comeback from his Liga title-winning spell at Real Madrid.

“We spoke about it in the locker room and the door is always open to Fabio. He is still the Italy captain and one of the strongest defenders in the world,” explained Trezeguet.

channel4.com

now i'm 80% sure that canna will come then barzagli..

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
call me selfish, but I want Canna back

he is the missing piece to this defence, and IMO, there are no better defenders out there right now that are available, plain and simple

IF there is any chance of Canna coming back, then it's right now

Ranieri doesnt care about what happened last season, he cares about whats happening NOW...and Canna is the best, and probably cheapest option for us. Real doesnt need him any longer, and will agree to sell him

however, if we dont sign him in the next 3-5 days, then he isnt coming back

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
for canna's price we would be stupid not to get him imo. Barzagli is now 16 million and meira is 20. While we can get canna for under 10. Be smart, get canna, and save a lot of money for another possible transfer.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yes Vinnie, you are selfish, you want Canna back no matter what

for canna's price we would be stupid not to get him imo. Barzagli is now 16 million and meira is 20. While we can get canna for under 10. Be smart, get canna, and save a lot of money for another possible transfer.
How can you be so sure Real will sell him for less than 10 mil(almost double the money we took for him) , they sold and retired a few defenders, (even Raul Bravo:p ), they need him for a back up solution at least, or they can always use him as a bargain tool, if they sell him, they have to buy a new CB, they are not forced to sell him on a cheap,money is not a problem for them, they want "stars" in their team to keep their "galacticos" status.
If we sign Barzagli we will sign him for 12-14 mil (there were rumors about a 9 mil deal) and Barzagli is a player that could help our team now and the next 8 years. Canna is not the Canna he used to be while he was our player, he is not any better than Barzagli now, he will not be motivated to prove himself, he will not be motivated to help Juve and our future, he DOESNT care about us, the only thing he cares is his salary and titles, right now we cannot offer him a title. Why would we pay him double the salary we would, for Barzagli,
for doing the some job and say goodbye to us in a year or two forcing us to buy a new quality (and expensive) CB and start over the adaptation period from the beginning? If any, Canna is not a cheap solution!
The return of Canna would only bring troubles in the long run
and his current form and motivation are in serious doubt, we have to forget him and go on.

May 4, 2004
Im one of thoes who would like to see Canna back!.. Even if a part of me does not want to see him in a Juve shirt again, Canna would be the man we need in our defence...

Barzagli and Andrade, 2 new CB's is not the best thing for Buffon.. He would do much better if it was Canna and Andrade.. It would be better for the team, for everyone..!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

he is the missing piece to this defence, and IMO, there are no better defenders out there right now that are available, plain and simple

IF there is any chance of Canna coming back, then it's right now

Ranieri doesnt care about what happened last season, he cares about whats happening NOW...and Canna is the best, and probably cheapest option for us. Real doesnt need him any longer, and will agree to sell him

however, if we dont sign him in the next 3-5 days, then he isnt coming back
I wouldn't mind Canna, as his experience will be simply invaluable for the team as although Andrade is good, he is still a new comer to Serie A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)