Cannavaro to Juventus soon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
I would be happy to see him in Juve again. He is still one of the best central defenders in the world and we could really use him.

Also I have a DVD (The Official Film of the 2006 FIFA World Cup 06) where he says that his years with Juve were his best and where he actually learned how to play real soccer.

Jun 13, 2007
:wallbang:

Lets not have this debate again. It has been going on for about 3 months and there is nothing new to say.

I for one am finding it fairly tedious, either we sign him or we don't.
:agree: i dont think canna's return is debatable anymore , he's just not worth the effort anymore . i couldnt care less if he was coming or not

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Why closing the thread :)? There are more threads to close :/ Cannavaro is still an option as CB. Barzagli is also an option, and then i think the 3rd name is Luisao.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
To hell with Chivu, if Cannavaro is coming back that is fantastic news he will form
one of the most formidable partnerships with Andrade.Cannavaro may be slower
in pace due to age but his qualities such reading the game, commanding the backline and putting in timley tackles are still evident in fact once u have these attributes they are always with u even if u are 50 yrs old.The pace of Serie A is not as frenetic as La Liga so there is no problem there. if he joins he could play another 2 years at least, he would be a excellent mentor to the younger defenders in the squad.He is the only player perhaps besides zambrotta that we can take back the rest of them can rot in their shithole for all i care

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
if Cannavaro is coming back that is fantastic news
I can't see Cannavaro being brought back unless it's because by the end of the transfer market we still haven't got a younger defender of quality. Even then I would hope it was a short term contract. By the end of which time we would have hopefully found a long term replacement, & that would let him go home to his "Bella Napoli" to finish his career. Zambrotta won't be back, his time with Juve, he said, is the past.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
I can't see Cannavaro being brought back unless it's because by the end of the transfer market we still haven't got a younger defender of quality. Even then I would hope it was a short term contract. By the end of which time we would have hopefully found a long term replacement, & that would let him go home to his "Bella Napoli" to finish his career. Zambrotta won't be back, his time with Juve, he said, is the past.
I have got a sentimental affection for him(Cannavaro) so even it short-term contract that fine with me but u right as we seriously do need to identify quality
long term replacement, i keep hearing on the domenic criscito , i havent seen him enough is he that good as some make him out to be?

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
The acquisition of Jorge Andrade does not appear to have ended Juventus’ summer defender shopping activities.

The fact that the Portuguese centreback -who arrived on a 10m Euro deal from Deportivo La Coruna- involved a significantly smaller cash outlay than their primary target Gabriel Milito means that the Bianconeri can now afford to fortify their rearguard even further ahead of their first season back amongst Italy’s elite.

Gazzetta dello Sport have drawn up a list purporting to be Juve’s top targets, which is comprised of Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Fernando Meira (Stuttgart), Luisao (Benfica), Samuel and Burdisso (Inter) and Zapata (Udinese).

Goal.com 13/7/07

Of these Samuel would be the second preference if Cannavaro stays at Madrid or goes to Napoli. I suspect though it will be Luisao now - given the breakdown in the Barzagli negotiations.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I want Canna back. I respect player loyalty but i also respect player profesionalism.
Canna sucked this season he is not the professional he was with us,
loyalty and character integrity is also important on "professionalism" Canna forced the club to sell him in a low price right after he guaranteed/promised them and to the fans that, he will stay and help with our promotion project. Is this professionalism??

i think Canna is coming back ... it's all media stories
You mean dont come back right? Otherwise those two sentences, contradict each other:D

i'm just thinking they will switch chiellini to LM.. if neddy is injuired.. and its either barzagli or canna to complete our puzzle.. :D
Why would they do that, when we already have two back up solutions (Marchionni and Saliha)

Canna and Samuel if possible. This will be a perfect duo.
We already bought Andrade, we will certainly not buy 2 more quality CBs,
we havent sell Boumsong or Legro yet, Criscito is already complaining about playing time and dont forget that our managers and coach insist, our team is almost complete, that would mean, one more transfer at maximum.
The only possible scenario i see, is
-Sell Boumsong to England, France, Turkey
-Loan out Criscito to Genoa
-Sell Zalayeta (related to funds)
and then we might have the place and the cash for another quality CB.
All these are not unlikely to happen, BUT (there is a big but here) our coach Ranieri insisted to make the preparations as early as possible and buy all the basic members of our squad, so that they would have the necessary time to adapt with each other and become a team. (btw, wise choice by Ranieri:pint: )
thats why he said that our squad is almost complete and we are 98% ready, we are probably signing no other first team player (unless we find i really good opportunity,i think, the new would be very cheap, maybe a free agent, not a decent transfer target)

i would take Luisao over Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)