Cannavaro to Juventus soon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
could be worse, few years back celtic signed Rafael Scheidt yup, you guessed, it the name was rather apt
:lol:

Pity the guy who had to endure all the snickers and jokes, convincing them, "No, really -- despite his name, this is a good transfer!" and then to have to try to save face when the guy lived up to his namesake.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Cannavaro denies Real exit reports

MADRID, Spain (Reuters) -- World and European player of the year Fabio Cannavaro has denied reports that he will leave Real Madrid and has said he aiming to help the Spanish champions win a record 10th European Cup this season.

Cannavaro has denied reports that he is returning to Juventus after one season at Real Madrid.

"In Italy they have insisted that I'm going to return, but it isn't true," the 34-year-old center-back told sports daily Marca on Saturday.

"I've always said that I've been happy at Real Madrid and in Spain and I'm glad I signed for this team. No one from the club has said that there is an offer for me nor have they said they want to sell me. I'm sure I'll remain at Real."

Cannavaro signed for Real from Juventus after leading Italy to victory in the World Cup last year but had a difficult first season with the Primera Liga side.

With Real sacking coach Fabio Capello and signing two new center-backs, Christoph Metzelder and Pepe, in the close season, there has been speculation that Cannavaro might return to his former club Juventus.

But Cannavaro said that although he was grateful to Capello, his future at Real had not been dependent on the presence of the Italian.

"I've worked with Capello for three years and I've learned a lot from him. He made me into a winner and I'm thankful to him for that," he said.

"But I signed a three-year contract with Real Madrid and not with Capello."

The defender admitted to having problems in his first season at Real, but was confident he would recover the form he showed at Juventus in the forthcoming campaign.

"It was to be expected that after winning the World Cup and coming to a new country that I would suffer and have problems," he said.

"But I've rested up well over the summer, I'm now familiar with Spanish football and I hope to perform at a higher level.

"My aim is to help the team with the Champions League, that is the only trophy I have left to win." E-mail to a friend

Reuters

------------------------------------

Who needs you, idiot??

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cannavaro: "I'm Staying To Win The Champions League"

During an interview with Marca, Fabio Cannavaro ruled out an immediate move back to Italy, saying that he would remain at the Bernabeu with high hopes for the coming season...

European and World Footballer of the Year Fabio Cannavaro has committed himself to another season at the Bernabeu, despite intense competition for a centre-back place with Los Merengues.

The Madrid stopper declared, "I signed a three year contract with Real Madrid, not [former coach] Fabio Capello.

"In Italy, they have said that I am going to return there, but this isn't true. I want to remain here to win the Champions League with Madrid."

Europe's biggest club prize is the only honour to have eluded the 33 year old defender, who signed for Real Madrid last summer from Juventus, following the Italian club's demotion to Serie B.

Cannavaro must share the centre back position with new signings Pepe and Christoph Metzelder, as well as Sergio Ramos.

Due to the wealth of centre-backs at the club, it was thought by many in Cannavaro's native Italy that he would return home, as even if Sergio Ramos moves to right-back, that still leaves three world class players for two places in the first XI.

However, Fabio will remain in the Bernabeu for one more year at least.

goal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)