Cannabis Debate (1 Viewer)

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #61
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Having done both myself, I can tell you that it's much cheaper to brew your own beer. Growing cannabis requires a lot of equipement, space, and work. Brewing beer requires less equipement, less space, and less work.
    Strange. Having not brewed my own beer, i guess my opinions were baseless.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #62
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Yes that's how it started out but the system has gradually changed. Putting it very simple; there's a law that allows you to buy, have and use it but there's an extra clause in that law that allows the government to immediately revoke it again.

They put in that clause because it was a risky new thing to do.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

What about Shrooms?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Same story if i remember correctly. I actually used to live next to a shop called "Dr Shroom" when I still lived in the city centre about two years back. Hilarious place, nice public :D

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    Weedheads think people care about this, but no one does. If a cop catches you he does nothing. Its not hard to take whatever drugs you want and not get in trouble, no one gives a shit. Stop talking about this boring and pointless topic already.

Go and fight for saving giant squids from Atlantic....

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Go and fight for saving giant squids from Atlantic....
    Havent you got this mixed up? Your the one doing the fight here, im the one that dosent care.

As for the tabacco part. Dosent everyone mix it with tabacco anyways?

I hate weed head college kids.

I hate more middle aged men - old men weed heads. Kinda like being 30+years old with an ear ring. Not cool.

The flower generation died with Lennon, move on already :howler:

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66

Havent you got this mixed up? Your the one doing the fight here, im the one that dosent care.

I hate more middle aged men - old men weed heads. Kinda like being 30+years old with an ear ring. Not cool.

Not everyone, the rastas and if you use a water pipe or vaporiser you don't need tabacco, all a vaporiser does is release THC(the active stimulant) at 200c and the harmful shite gets released at 1500 degrees, which is the temperature of a lit spliff.

You also seem to be stereotyping people. Why cant people who are plus 30 smoke weed? What have you actually got against it?

So.. cos the 'flower generation' as you put it is dead, I can't smoke gange?:groan: thats a lame ass arguement for your standards.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

Not everyone, the rastas and if you use a water pipe or vaporiser you don't need tabacco, all a vaporiser does is release THC(the active stimulant) at 200c and the harmful shite gets released at 1500 degrees, which is the temperature of a lit spliff.

You also seem to be stereotyping people. Why cant people who are plus 30 smoke weed? What have you actually got against it?

So.. cos the 'flower generation' as you put it is dead, I can't smoke gange?:groan: thats a lame ass arguement for your standards.
    Its not an argument. I was telling you what I hate :D

I dont care about people smoking it, they can do what they want.

But this is an annoying debate, maybe you havent came across it much but im tired of stupid students campaigning for this. There is nothing to be gained by legalising it.

Holland's cannabis culture isnt that nice at all. Its something that should stay underground.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Holland's cannabis culture isnt that nice at all. Its something that should stay underground.
    Ah yes, English style. Just don't mention it and it doesn't exist. Meanwhile people are being exploited and dying because criminal organisations take full advantage.

Bravo, yes, keep it underground!

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Ah yes, English style. Just don't mention it and it doesn't exist. Meanwhile people are being exploited and dying because criminal organisations take full advantage.

Bravo, yes, keep it underground!
    Dont mention it and it dosent exist? I fail to see how thats english style considering England are usually a few years ahead of anyone else in dealing with 'problems'.

We have cocaine problems, heroine problems, not weed problems. So some people on the other end are getting screwed. Who cares? Better than kids smoking it as common as cigs and people smoking it in public.

Just because it works in Holland dosent mean it will work everywhere. Legalising weed in England would be the biggest mistake ever made.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #70

Dont mention it and it dosent exist? I fail to see how thats english style considering England are usually a few years ahead of anyone else in dealing with 'problems'.

We have cocaine problems, heroine problems, not weed problems. So some people on the other end are getting screwed. Who cares? Better than kids smoking it as common as cigs and people smoking it in public.

Just because it works in Holland dosent mean it will work everywhere. Legalising weed in England would be the biggest mistake ever made.
    The debate imo isnt annoying, sorry:)

anyways, Europe is not ready for legalisation yet, the netherlands also are against legalisation because their economy benefits from tourists all over the globe coming for a vacation in amsterdam. If there was going to be legalsation, there would have to be a few countries at the same time, because it would be pointless if for example, England had it and Wales did not, and it would make trafficking drugs alot easier.

Legalisation would not be such a bad thing. As long as it is alot more controlled then alcohol, ie no weed smoking in public, or whilst driving cars. It would produce a MASSIVE cut down on alcoholic violence and tax payers money going towards health care for wards treating overly pissed people.

Jul 12, 2002
    Weedheads think people care about this, but no one does. If a cop catches you he does nothing. Its not hard to take whatever drugs you want and not get in trouble, no one gives a shit. Stop talking about this boring and pointless topic already.
    First of all, you obviously don't know anything about what you're talking about. Police in most countries take possession of cannabis very seriously. Secondly, if you are bored by the debate, then get out of it.

Yes, you obviously care so little that you continue the dialogue...:groan:

No, not everyone mixes it with tobacco. Usually, cannabis is only mixed with tobacco when rolled in a joint or smoked out of a hookah. Get some education on the topic...

Who the **** do you think you are? What gives you the right to judge people? And why do you discrinimate based on age?

Lennon didn't die, he was assassinated, and the flower generation died when cynical, ignorant, self-absorbed idiots like you became you majority.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #73

First of all, you obviously don't know anything about what you're talking about. Police in most countries take possession of cannabis very seriously. Secondly, if you are bored by the debate, then get out of it.

Yes, you obviously care so little that you continue the dialogue...:groan:

No, not everyone mixes it with tobacco. Usually, cannabis is only mixed with tobacco when rolled in a joint or smoked out of a hookah. Get some education on the topic...

Who the **** do you think you are? What gives you the right to judge people? And why do you discrinimate based on age?

Lennon didn't die, he was assassinated, and the flower generation died when cynical, ignorant, self-absorbed idiots like you became you majority.
    Im glad someone said that. Lennon was a prophet.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #74

I also hate it when people are against it, but they don't know what they hell they are against and they follow the law and other peoples opinions like lambs.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I wouldn't like people smoking ganja in public; I don't like the smell. It's bad enough unwittingly walking into the bong room at a party, no need for that to extend into public areas. That's just me though

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I wouldn't like people smoking ganja in public; I don't like the smell. It's bad enough unwittingly walking into the bong room at a party, no need for that to extend into public areas. That's just me though
    You don't like the smell? Can I ask how much exposure you've had to it, and what kind of herb it was that you smelt?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    You don't like the smell? Can I ask how much exposure you've had to it, and what kind of herb it was that you smelt?
    I've had minimal exposure, since drugs aren't really my thing, and to be honest I have no idea what herb it was. It's always the same smell though, and there's always thick white smoke floating around the room... that's pretty much all I could tell you though. I guess my best stab at a description would be that it smells similar to tobacco smoke, only... "herbier"

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I've had minimal exposure, since drugs aren't really my thing, and to be honest I have no idea what herb it was. It's always the same smell though, and there's always thick white smoke floating around the room... that's pretty much all I could tell you though. I guess my best stab at a description would be that it smells similar to tobacco smoke, only... "herbier"
    Well, I ask because there are different grades of cannabis. Low grade herb, known as schwag tastes and smells like crap. High grade herb, known as beasters or headies or nuggets (there are a million names) smells good and wholesome.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #79
    They all smell the same to me in my opinion. All good.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    That is true but if a problem seems unfixibile there's also a culture of walking away from it, seeing if it maybe will dissolve on its own. The teenage pregnancy thing took a while for anyone to take real interest in didn't it? Same with the drug issue.

The cocaine and heroine problems are connected to soft drug issues, that's the point! Criminal organisations, drug smugglers all use all versions of drugs. By tolerating/legalising soft drugs, a huge source of income for these organisations disappears. And the government then uses the income from the soft drug sellings to set up intensive never-ending marketing campaigns to warn about hard drugs.

Of that soft drugs money; clinics have also been founded where anyone can walk in and ask for help to quit drugs of any sort without risking any form of prosecution.

This combination has caused the drug addict/usage rate to drop immensely in the Netherlands. Now you're telling me the 'cannabis culture in Holland isn't nice at all'? It's saving thousands of lives for god's sake!

And kids aren't allowed to smoke it. Just with ordinary cigarettes and alcohol - the age limit is 16. Even so; research has also shown kids are a lot less excited about it now that it's legal. Legalising it has taken away the fun apparently.

Perhaps. But ignoring it doesn't help either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)