can we match up to milan? (2 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The stuff that Cassano is going through is maturity, or a lack thereof right now.

capello is a good manager, he'll straighten the kid out. It's not like he HAS to play Cassano right now, anyway. They have good young players at their disposal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fedayn Roma

Oct 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
The stuff that Cassano is going through is maturity, or a lack thereof right now.

capello is a good manager, he'll straighten the kid out. It's not like he HAS to play Cassano right now, anyway. They have good young players at their disposal.
No, actually, we kind of do have to play him. We lost Montella for a while, Delvecchio isn't fully fit, and we are going to be playing totti-cassano-Carew for the time being. Cassano is very important right now.

Aug 1, 2003
roma's definitely looking the brightest to win the CL, and dammit they have a good team, but there's something special bout milan that you just have to fear ;) same goes to them bout juve i guess. milan and juve are meant to be together.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
roma's definitely looking the brightest to win the CL, and dammit they have a good team, but there's something special bout milan that you just have to fear ;) same goes to them bout juve i guess. milan and juve are meant to be together.
Roma arent in the CL

Fedayn Roma

Oct 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
We are in UEFA bro.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Well... Luigi's first attempt was real funny ;).

The most annoying enduring myth about Milan is that they're somehow to be seen as a great attacking/creative team. How is that possibly? Because their midfield passes the ball among themselves without an inkling on how to get a goal unless Sheva does 'something' on his own or Pippo snifs out a chance that isn't there?

Last season they scored 10 goals against (hapless) Torino in two games, had a 4-0 counter attack triumph at Valeron-less Depor, and got REAL lucky... twice.. against Bayern. Since then there's been this cook up that Milan are playing especially well... among their own fans at least. For the majority these results came in the early part of the season. Then it was all down hill, both in terms of performance level and serie A results... and the Nesta/Maldini axis got them the CL.

Look at Milan's CL performances in this calendar year. They've scored (I believe) 10 goals... in 15 games... how is that for an attacking team? By contrast we've scored 27...

No- Milan is a team that's secure on the ball, it's deep in quality and it has an unreal central defence with some dangerous goalgetters up front.

But as a team it's not as potentially explosive as Juventus... or Roma... a team that excites me a whole lot, even if they're struggling alot with Modena as I'm writing this. Even if Roma are not in CL... I still think they're more reliant on various key players than the two giants though, and whereas both Juve and Milan have a long way to go before hitting max capacity- I don't see THAT much room for Roma improvement. If they can carry on the way they have so far however- they don't need to improve either. Getting Chivu was really great for them, and De Rossi came from nowhere. Add that Cassano is improving in leaps and that even Zebina looks a great defender and you ahve something big brewing with Totti, Samuel and Emerson providing a great backbone.

Milan is to be respected as a rival on all fronts, but I think they'll falter again... Roma is the rival for the scudetto this season.

OP
Luigi Vampa

Luigi Vampa

Aug 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #51
    we probably have a reputation for creativeness because people like us glen. were a loveable team whereas people like juve like they like hospitals. i wish it wasnt that way but tis your rep and you have to live with it. and please dont call torino hapless, theyre the pride of the city.

valeron is an offensive player so he wouldnt have helped their defence that day. and we were no more lucky against bayern than juve was against barcelona. you were comprehensively outclassed over the two legs yet you advanced. teapots and kettles.

we dont need to be explosive up front. we score enough goals to win dont we? beating olympiakos 7-0 and then beating a parma that never showed up in the first place are forgettable results. hardly something to go down in the annals of time.

how many of the other top 5 teams have you beaten this season? how many have you lost against? and youre talking about roma being your biggest rivals? haha!

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    Uh oh :D . Struck a cord did I Luigi?

Have you encountered a Juve fan who has been less than gutted with our performances against Inter and Lazio? I can't think so.
    '
    Since when were we outplayed by Barca at home? That's rediculous, but we were sure lucky that we advanced on the night and I've said nothing to dispute that. I haven't been arguing how Juventus were all brilliant last season. We overachieved for large parts. What irks me is many Milan fans insistance that they were all that- when in reality they were not.

The point about scoring goals or scoring just enough goals... many Milan fans argue that they want/expect to see/play attacking goal oriented football. I'm just saying that it's not what they're getting. I'm destabilizing a myth here. I said nothing to suggest that Milan is not a serious contender for both serieA and CL honours... perhaps you should read it again? It remains that seing Milan in CL equals giving oneself less chances of seing a goal than seing any other team in the competition. The last year (12 months... 15 games) proves it. You could take that as a compliment to your defence as well, but unless you walk around noone but Milan fans in your everyday life.... you might want to re-evaluate on the "people like us". You've been on Xtratime too long to actually believe that yourself.

Finally... yeah- I'm talking about Roma being our rivals. We were further adrift pointwise last season at this stage and had had consecutive league defeats in our usual late november/ early december slump then as well. We beat you by 13 points when all was said and done. Of course we're going to be there. We always are, and there's LOTS of room for improvement still.
    Milan should be there too of course, but I consider Roma a bigger rival like I've done from the beginning of the season, and since this is a Juve board it makes sense saying that Roma are OUR biggest rival.

OP
    Luigi Vampa

Luigi Vampa

Aug 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    what do you mean struck a cord? i responded the way i always do. i really dont know what you mean.

what does juventini beging gutted about your performances have to do with anything. yeah we were beaten by inter and lazio but we know we were bad so its okay? i dont get that either. the point wasnt about how you guys reacted to it, it was that you lost 2 big games and in fact, havent beaten any of the top 5.

wanting/expecting to see attacking football isnt a myth. so youre not really dispelling anything. whats wrong with wanting to see something? im sure most milanisti realize that we havent been great offensively, especially in the cl.

it seems that youre distracted by the opinions expressed by milanisti. youre conducting a debate that never existed. but on the subject, xt is a unique place and theres a lot of different opinions expressed, many of which are opinions i never hear anywhere else. you put too much weight into opinions like bonos about a european mentality. that hardly represents the view of milanisti and any italian milanisti would scoff at it - and they have. if you want to base your opinion of milanisti from what you see at xt be my guest, but youre only doing yourself a disservice.

about the barca games, the way i remember it you guys were outplayed pretty bad in both games. barca made you look pretty bad but you still got through. so theres no reason to bring up our performances against bayern (which were much better than yours against barca).

and i dont know what you meant about the reevaluation of 'people like us.' thats flown completely over my head as i read the post again and i dont see anything about that. so i really dont know what youre talking about. 'splain yourself;-)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    I feel that Roma will be in the CL next year, for they are my pick to run away with the UEFA cup.
    agreed! my dream UEFA cup final.....Roma - Valencia

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)