Can Juve get in the semis in the CL next season (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
actually, non-EU peeps that have an EU-pasport can join italians clubs.

quoted from soccernet:
Clubs can continue to sign as many non-Italian EU citizens - French, German or English for example - as they want. Then there is the question of precisely who is considered to be a non-EU player.

Players from nations in central and eastern Europe which have accords with the EU relating to employment are not counted as non-EU in Italy, so clubs are free to continue signing players from countries like the Czech Republic, Poland and Ukraine.

Likewise, the large number of south American players with passports from EU countries - Brazilians with Portuguese passports or Argentines with Italian citizenship - will also be exempt from the ruling. .....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The sole idea of differentiating between EU citizens and non-EU citizens is ridiculous and can only be described as discrimination. Having said that, fake passports are not hard to come by, as has been proven in many cases, and thus it becomes even more chaotic.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oh and Silvio is the damn PM, can't he issue passes at will like the President did in Poland with Olisadebe? :D

We trade them Cannavaro for two brand new passes for Cave and D'Ale ;)

There ain't nothing like doing biness with good old Silvio ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No man, then we gotta get him back and Bolo will want £20m cause we suddenly want him so bad...

Besides... who sells and buys the same player in the space of 3 months?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
The sole idea of differentiating between EU citizens and non-EU citizens is ridiculous and can only be described as discrimination.
I agree. I can't believe that this is constitutional in Italy. Italy still has a constitution right? I mean they change their government so much, I have trouble keeping track.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I agree. I can't believe that this is constitutional in Italy. Italy still has a constitution right? I mean they change their government so much, I have trouble keeping track.
While I'm not European, I do know a fair bit about the EU (Espically for an American, considering its all but ignored here). Under EU rules, you cannot discriminate among the EU (you can't hire a German person ahead of an English person just based on where they are from). This is the reason why Italy couldn't have a rule saying a tea, has to have x number of Italians, it would be against EU rules.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
While I'm not European, I do know a fair bit about the EU (Espically for an American, considering its all but ignored here). Under EU rules, you cannot discriminate among the EU (you can't hire a German person ahead of an English person just based on where they are from). This is the reason why Italy couldn't have a rule saying a tea, has to have x number of Italians, it would be against EU rules.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
No, that's correct. :) There can be no restrictions of EU citizens to work anywhere in the EU simply because that is a premise of the open market.

It also applies to outsider Norway, because they signed the Schengen agreement which states these rules of work permits and free traffic of citizens. However I don't know what kind of arrangements "close neighbors" like Poland, Czech Rep, Hungary, Croatia etc have worked out as it appears they are also not subject to regulations when it comes to player transfers.

But when it comes to players from outside the EU, who simply don't have an EU passport (genuine or fake :p), they are all affected by regulations of this kind. My point is that I don't see any motive to discriminate against non-EU citizens. It could make sense to restrict the number of non-Italians playing in Serie A but since that is not possible, applying that rule to non-EU citizens doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Azzurina ] ++
I realy hope Juve & Milan can make it through to the semis:star::strong::: That would be super.
old trafford,get ready for an all-italian final next season in the ECC!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Champions League Semis :

Juve vs Milan
Roma vs Inter

Champions League Finals :

Juve vs Roma

Outcome :

DP,Treze,Salas and Nedved are too much for the Roma defence. Ale outclasses Totti and scores 2 goals. Buffon saves a Totti peno. Totti is then sent off for diving.

Final Score :

Juventus 4 (Del Piero,Salas,Trezeguet,Del Piero) Roma 1 (Delvecchio)

Sent Off : Francesco Totti (Roma)
Penalty Misses : Francesco Totti (Roma)

Jul 12, 2002
Yeah, it would be more like this:

Juve and Roma both fail to tkae anything through midfield, and this creates the most boring game in Champions league history. in the end Pavel Nedved fires a shot from the mid-field line that only beats the sleeping Roma keeper because a fan threw a bottle out of the stands and deflected the ball out of mid-air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)