Campioni d'Italia 2014/2015 !!! 33 !!! (5 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You ignore the fact that PL teams are loaded with cash and will outspend us significantly in the coming yrs.As would Bayern,Barca,Real and PSG.

I really doubt Juve can pose a sustained challenge towards the CL in the next few yrs.Well lets hope so but i wont count on it.
As they have been doing for over the last decade... while we have not. We have spent a lot, but to completely revamp our squad. Now we have an excellent squad, and can focus on adding quality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
As they have been doing for over the last decade... while we have not. We have spent a lot, but to completely revamp our squad. Now we have an excellent squad, and can focus on adding quality.
City and Chelsea have been since the last 7-8 yrs.United or Arsenal dint before this year.All these 4 clubs are very healthy financially now especially United who are projected to match or even surpass Madrid by 2017 in income.
Say for example,if Juve spend 50m,United will spend 120m just for argument's sake.Ofcourse Juve are tactically intelligent than all these teams but that can only take you so far.Using Atletico Madrid as an example here.
Hate to say it but money will eventually propel PL teams to the top.Heck,thats how Real Madrid are in this position they are in now.Outspent everyone to get to the top.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
City and Chelsea have been since the last 7-8 yrs.United or Arsenal dint before this year.All these 4 clubs are very healthy financially now especially United who are projected to match or even surpass Madrid by 2017 in income.
Say for example,if Juve spend 50m,United will spend 120m just for argument's sake.Ofcourse Juve are tactically intelligent than all these teams but that can only take you so far.Using Atletico Madrid as an example here.
Hate to say it but money will eventually propel PL teams to the top.Heck,thats how Real Madrid are in this position they are in now.Outspent everyone to get to the top.
I looked for one of those charts to see how club expenditure compared across Europe, but to no avail. Anyway, not sure what you're talking about with United not spending big over the years. I believe the numbers may be close to ours, but like I said, we've had to rebuild and go for quantity over quality (which will change now), while they were able to sign more expensive players and offer higher wages. Their ability to do that may increase now, but I'm not too worried about that because it seems the English teams really don't know how to get value for their money. They overpay for shit, while we are managed much better.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I looked for one of those charts to see how club expenditure compared across Europe, but to no avail. Anyway, not sure what you're talking about with United not spending big over the years. I believe the numbers may be close to ours, but like I said, we've had to rebuild and go for quantity over quality (which will change now), while they were able to sign more expensive players and offer higher wages. Their ability to do that may increase now, but I'm not too worried about that because it seems the English teams really don't know how to get value for their money. They overpay for shit, while we are managed much better.
From 2006-07 onwards..They had a fantastic core that they dint have to spend as much and the market wasnt as inflated now as it is anyway.
In the following yrs,they sold Ronaldo and they replaced him with Valencia.They really dint spend as much in comparison to their EPL rivals.
Its only this year they went crazy and spent close to 200m.They're probably going to spend 150m again this summer.To be fair,even though they wont realize the results they desire instantly,they will surely do so in the long run.
Also,not all teams have been incompetent on the market like City and United.Chelsea have been doing excellent business over the last two seasons and Arsenal have added Sanchez and Oezil without selling their stars.Next edition of Deloitte money league will give you a clear picture where kitty teams like Arsenal make 400m+ in revenue while we'll till be in the early 300s.
No pessimism imo.I would like to think optimistically as well but i would also tone down my expectations at the same time.Reaching semis every yr is a very difficult task for a club like Juve.
This is why i said this season is the best season to have a real go at the CL as such opportunities wont always be presented in the future.I mean,we have a decent chance to make the final this yr.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
From 2006-07 onwards..They had a fantastic core that they dint have to spend as much and the market wasnt as inflated now as it is anyway.
In the following yrs,they sold Ronaldo and they replaced him with Valencia.They really dint spend as much in comparison to their EPL rivals.
Its only this year they went crazy and spent close to 200m.They're probably going to spend 150m again this summer.To be fair,even though they wont realize the results they desire instantly,they will surely do so in the long run.
Also,not all teams have been incompetent on the market like City and United.Chelsea have been doing excellent business over the last two seasons and Arsenal have added Sanchez and Oezil without selling their stars.Next edition of Deloitte money league will give you a clear picture where kitty teams like Arsenal make 400m+ in revenue while we'll till be in the early 300s.
No pessimism imo.I would like to think optimistically as well but i would also tone down my expectations at the same time.Reaching semis every yr is a very difficult task for a club like Juve.
This is why i said this season is the best season to have a real go at the CL as such opportunities wont always be presented in the future.I mean,we have a decent chance to make the final this yr.
It's all speculation. We don't know how they're going to do with all that extra money. I mean, obviously it should mean better for them, but just saying we've been operating very cautiously over the years on way less revenue and still managed to build a superior team to Arsenal and United.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
On paper we are I'd say top 6, and should improve this summer with all dat money Beppe bringing in. We've been underachieving for all these years, due to a lack of confidence and a self fulfilling prophecy of failure. EuroMaxx has brought that confidence, and gives us a tactical edge against superior opponents. We are where we're supposed to be. And two of those I consider having a better squad than us are City and PSG, who are perennial flops anyway.

Of course everything can change depending on a good/bad draw (oh yeah, top seed, bitches), but we can be among the top 4 teams regularly.
I'd say we're gonna make quarters regularly with the odd seasons above and the odd season below that round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)