Campioni d'Italia 2014/2015 !!! 33 !!! (6 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
8 pages in this thread.

This is by far the most casual and barely-worth-getting-up scudetto I've ever seen. It's a metaphor for the decline of Serie A. In the good old Lippi days we would celebrate for days.
I know the feeñing maybe is not the same. But we should always try to celebrate the scudetto..because the years we were losing were so ugly.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I think we'll blitz Serie A again next Year. If there was ever a time to 'catch' Juve it was this season coming off of a ridiculous domestic season with nothing left to prove in the league, and a manager change out of nowhere. We raped the league even with all that AND an injury crisis. We've just been so fantastically well run as a club and aren't making idiotic short term decisions whereas the rest have self destructed

I have no faith in Napoli gaining a whole new level of consistency, Roma have been figured out and still rely on 50 year old Totti and Lazio are probably enjoying their best domestic season for the forseeable future

Milan aren't even a top 10 club :lol: :lol: Inter are marginally better.

And you know what? I for one, fucking LOVE every second of it.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I think we'll blitz Serie A again next Year. If there was ever a time to 'catch' Juve it was this season coming off of a ridiculous domestic season with nothing left to prove in the league, and a manager change out of nowhere. We $#@!d the league even with all that AND an injury crisis. We've just been so fantastically well run as a club and aren't making idiotic short term decisions whereas the rest have self destructed

I have no faith in Napoli gaining a whole new level of consistency, Roma have been figured out and still rely on 50 year old Totti and Lazio are probably enjoying their best domestic season for the forseeable future

And you know what? I for one, $#@!ing LOVE every second of it.
Probably Milan can catch up next year, not enough to come close to us, but 2nd 3rd place material. They're supposedly going to get a big investment of about €70-100M. The year we passed from 7th to 1st we had an investment of +€100M, so, if you do it well you can get yourself a pretty decent team.

I feel like we've been so lucky on recent years, getting a lot of good deals, improving every year, reaching new heights. But it's not just luck, is the result of all the hard work our board has put on. Good times, hopefully this will last for a long time.

Italy must feel lucky to have Juventus right now, without us they'd be represented by the likes of Roma and Napoli in Europe :lol:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Honestly even with 100M I see Milan being a long way off of us, maybe if the others falter they can nick 3rd.

We got lucky/we made excellent decisions or whatever you want to call it

Not many Summers have the sort of opportunities we took on our way from 7th to 1st. And the state Milan are in tbh they'd need more than 70M euros to make a huge difference

Defence - Lower mid-table quality, if i'm being kind.

Midfield - What midfield?

Attack - Passable but not consistent for the most part.

Best they can hope for is raiding some half decent Italian clubs at this point, maybe a couple of foriegn rejects who carry a big name.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
imho milan is really lacking in midfield and attack. i'd say only menez, de jong or maybe bonaventura are serie a top3 materials in these departments. lopez is a fine keeper, rami, mexes, paletta and alex are all at lazio/napoli level, abate has been a decent member of the latest scudetto winning milan team, de sciglio was fine under allegri, and antonelli's cool on the left. even one of pazzini and destro could be effective in front of a proper midfield. el shaarawy and montolivo are like nonexistent players, their injuries killed their carreer lately.

however the likes of muntari, essien, poli, van ginkel, honda, armero are not worthy of any team aiming for a podium finish. i remember that a couple of years ago juve were strongly linked with poli; i'm glad we didn't make the move.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He has got more than a 7 :D

And it's fitting imo, he's had some piss-poor games at the start of the season, now he's doing good.

Licht shouldn't have more than 7.5 as well though, and Vidal at least 7.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean he wasn't bad this season, but I'd give him an 8. Rating him higher than Marchisio or the same as Pogba is criminal.

- - - Updated - - -

But I know that he's always got some bonus due to his legendary status, as Osman said it was the same with the past two "Serie A player of the year" awards.
Why do you say the past 2. I can understand that last season Vidal has been the best player followed by Tevez, but in 2012 Pirlo was amazing. 2012 is very close between him and Vidal and under Conte's 3-5-2 certainly Pirlo was the heart of the team.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think we'll blitz Serie A again next Year. If there was ever a time to 'catch' Juve it was this season coming off of a ridiculous domestic season with nothing left to prove in the league, and a manager change out of nowhere. We raped the league even with all that AND an injury crisis. We've just been so fantastically well run as a club and aren't making idiotic short term decisions whereas the rest have self destructed

And you know what? I for one, fucking LOVE every second of it.
oh God yes!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
8 pages in this thread.

This is by far the most casual and barely-worth-getting-up scudetto I've ever seen. It's a metaphor for the decline of Serie A. In the good old Lippi days we would celebrate for days.

From day 1 we knew we were winning it though. In the Lippi days we knew we had the best team, but we might still lose it. I have also never known a period of time in which the Milanese clubs were as poor as they are today. Their starting players would barely make our bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, IMHO the lack of morality has finally come back to haunt Milan and Inter. Milan have long depended on what was essentially a mobster. Given that most mobster are eventually caught out it is not really a viable long term financial plan. Inter on the other hand are a spiteful and vindictive club that sets out to weaken others rather than strengthen itself. Their mentality is pure poison. It's no coincidence that when they finally had a manager with a mind of his own and strong enough to stray from this path they won the Treble.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Why do you say the past 2. I can understand that last season Vidal has been the best player followed by Tevez, but in 2012 Pirlo was amazing. 2012 is very close between him and Vidal and under Conte's 3-5-2 certainly Pirlo was the heart of the team.
2011-12: -Pirlo
2012-13: -Vidal
2013-14: -Tevez

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but if it means we can make the semis every year, then I don't care. It's so awesome being there :touched: All of a sudden we are the talk of the football world again.
I reeeeaaally don't want to do this, but I'm not sure why everyone thinks we'll regularly make semis now. I mean to be realistic, our participation this year is mostly due to a lucky quarterfinal draw.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I reeeeaaally don't want to do this, but I'm not sure why everyone thinks we'll regularly make semis now. I mean to be realistic, our participation this year is mostly due to a lucky quarterfinal draw.
On paper we are I'd say top 6, and should improve this summer with all dat money Beppe bringing in. We've been underachieving for all these years, due to a lack of confidence and a self fulfilling prophecy of failure. EuroMaxx has brought that confidence, and gives us a tactical edge against superior opponents. We are where we're supposed to be. And two of those I consider having a better squad than us are City and PSG, who are perennial flops anyway.

Of course everything can change depending on a good/bad draw (oh yeah, top seed, bitches), but we can be among the top 4 teams regularly.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Fuck that, that was the luck we needed for our breakthrough. Y'all underestimate us. FFS, is being Italian champion really that worthless to you now? Having theamong the best Gks, defences midfields and Tevez means nothing?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
On paper we are I'd say top 6, and should improve this summer with all dat money Beppe bringing in. We've been underachieving for all these years, due to a lack of confidence and a self fulfilling prophecy of failure. EuroMaxx has brought that confidence, and gives us a tactical edge against superior opponents. We are where we're supposed to be. And two of those I consider having a better squad than us are City and PSG, who are perennial flops anyway.

Of course everything can change depending on a good/bad draw (oh yeah, top seed, bitches), but we can be among the top 4 teams regularly.
You ignore the fact that PL teams are loaded with cash and will outspend us significantly in the coming yrs.As would Bayern,Barca,Real and PSG.

I really doubt Juve can pose a sustained challenge towards the CL in the next few yrs.Well lets hope so but i wont count on it.

Fuck that, that was the luck we needed for our breakthrough. Y'all underestimate us. FFS, is being Italian champion really that worthless to you now? Having theamong the best Gks, defences midfields and Tevez means nothing?
Just being real,mate.No underestimating.We arent better than Bayern,Barca,Real and Chelsea on paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)