Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
buffon
thuram campbell cannavaro zambrotta

ummmm, i think its a good idea:D
I prefer Zebina to be in the RB role more than Thuram. Thuram and Canna r the central defence backbone that prevents Juve from conceding so many goals. I wonder if Campbell will do that job well enough. I don't recommend shifting Thuram to the ----->. Our defence r doing well so far, I doubt that Campbell will wanna come here anyway, it takes a lot of time to get used ot Serie A when Campbel has been in the EPL for n years.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Take him! For free? Campbell? Why would you say no?

He is a great defender, and he can strengthen our already strong defense, which is starting to show its weakness recently.....

Nofuture

Mar 30, 2003
Wenger said he can bet on anything, that Campbell will stay with Arsenal, I would say he is probably right... Players at Arsenal seems tempted to become part of the history with Wenger when they will move to the Emirates stadium in 2006

Juventino783

Aug 31, 2004
LINK to the Article

Juve-Campbell: niente accordo con l'Arsenal, bianconeri vicini

Dall'Inghilterra conferme del costante interessamento della Juventus sulla sorte del difensore dell'Arsenal Sol Campbell. Il nazionale inglese attualmente fermo per un infortunio al tendine di achille è in scadenza di contratto. Secondo i quotidiani d'Oltre Manica il difensore non sarebbe intenzionato a firmare un prolungamento non concordando con l'offerta economica dei Gunners. Quindi la Juventus starebbe monitorando la trattativa pronta a fare la sua offerta per strappare il 29enne giocatore all'Arsenal e portarlo in Italia a giugno.

It says that Juve is near to a Campbell Transfer, cause the player and the Club still doesnt find an accore, he want more money.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
you know, juve really has to start looking for future defenders. 29 isnt young, but its younger than thuram and cannavaro for that matter.

campbell is a good defender, probably the best defender available and for free, i think it would be crazy to let him join elsewhere.

if juve could players like campbell and mutu on frees, and spend money on other players, it would obviously give the team an advantage in terms of financial issues.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i would actually prefer a sweeper instead of another stopper.we have cannavaro,iuliano,montero and tudor already,and thuram isn't exactly a stopper either.i would really like to see capello work more magic with a more tried and tested pairing of a sweeper and a stopper,and thuram can move back to his former position.

Sep 14, 2003
I still think this is bogus, there's been nothing in the English press that I've seen and they're usually good at sniffing out stories (that may or may not be true!)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I hope we wont sign campbell ...he's to expensive(wage) to be left on the bench and hes to lousy compared to (canna and thuram) to start for us ...i hope we sign kuffour ..he makes a good bench player and he's also leaving for free at the end of season.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'd prefer kuffour.at least we may get something for him in the future if he doesn't work out.campbell is just too old and expensive for the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)