Campbell to Juve for free? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you are too biased. campbell, terry, king, ferdinand should be on that list too
Ferdinand is a better defender than Campbell any day. But after that 8 month ban Rio served he might have lost his touch a bit, and he doesn't look as impressive now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Ferdinand is a better defender than Campbell any day. But after that 8 month ban Rio served he might have lost his touch a bit, and he doesn't look as impressive now.
still looks mighty impressive to me.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Campbell will sign a new deal - Wenger

Arsene Wenger has moved to ease any concerns over Sol Campbell's future at Arsenal by pledging that the England defender will sign a new long-term contract at the club.
Campbell's current deal expires at the end of this season, enabling him, at least in theory, to start talks with overseas clubs on January 1.

Fears have been expressed that Campbell may therefore leave on a Bosman free transfer next summer, just as he departed Tottenham to move across the North London divide.

For he will almost certainly have to take a significant wage cut to remain at Arsenal after being given such a huge signing-on fee, spread over the terms of his four-year deal, back in 2001.

Wenger nevertheless declared: 'Listen, I bet you any amount you want that Sol Campbell will play at Arsenal next season.

'I have no doubts that he will be here for the next three or even four seasons. Write that - and if I'm wrong, you can sue me!'

While Wenger side-stepped the question of whether Campbell had to commit himself before January, the centre-back was also upbeat about his prospects of agreeing a new deal when recently quizzed.

Speaking before England's World Cup qualifier against Wales, he insisted: 'There are still a few things we've got to organise but it's going in the right direction and hopefully it won't be too long.'

Arsenal are certainly missing Campbell's influence at the back, given that he is ruled out with an Achilles injury that looks set to continue to sideline him for another couple of weeks.

Following a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace, the Gunners have won just one of their past six games - and that by a reserve side in the Carling Cup - and have slipped off top spot for the first time since January.

Wenger is worried his team are still feeling the after-effects of their defeat at Old Trafford, although he insisted they would bounce back soon, with a visit to White Hart Lane next weekend.

'When you have gone 49 games unbeaten, it's a shock for a team as you're not used to losing. Maybe the way it happened made it even worse and I don't feel that it [the subsequent run] is completely a coincidence,' he admitted.

'But you have to live with that and I don't think we will have a problem in recovering from that on a longer period.

'You go through a high, then a low and you come up again. Our spirit and togetherness is very much needed but that's why I'm not especially worried.

'At the moment, it's not as easy for us to make the difference in the one-against-ones. You expect that as we're a light team and on the heavy ground, it's not as easy as on dry, summer pitches.

'When you don't feel as sharp physically, then you feel a bit less confident. It's a period that's normal in a season. The positive thing is that we didn't lose.'

Then again, while Arsenal are currently enduring a blip in form, Wenger hopes that Chelsea, who now lead the way by two points, may soon face their own mental test.

'Every team has a period where it doesn't go as well as they expect it to,' he concluded. 'We had periods last year when we had problems to score.

'But this team has lost just one league game in 2004 and it is now November.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actualy I don't mind having Campbell here, but for me I wil still put Tudor as 1st choice sub even if Canna/Thuram happens ot be injured. After all Tudor did play a longer time in Serie A and Campbell may need some adjusting to do if he were to play for us.

pink_juve

Sep 2, 2004
Aresenal won't sell Campbell, just like Milan won't sell Nesta, Jeventus won't sell Canna.

They are all too important for the team at "this moment".

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Wenger Confident On Campbell
11/8/2004 11:14:00 AM
Arsene Wenger is confident that Sol Campbell will sign a new contract and still be playing for Arsenal next season.
The England defender, who is currently injured, has just over six months left to run on his current deal and has been strongly linked with a move to Juventus.

However, Wenger is not expecting a repeat of when Campbell walked out on Tottenham on a bosman free-transfer.

Wenger said: "Listen, I bet you any amount you want that Sol Campbell will play at Arsenal next season.

"I have no doubts that he will be here for the next three or even four seasons. Write that - and if I’m wrong, you can sue me!"

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Nesta, Stam, Puyol, Samuel, Thuram, Cannavaro, Ayala, Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell, Maldini, Cordoba Cavarlo..

Just cos there english doesnt mean there not good. At the moment england are spoiled for choice for CB, i bet sven was actually slightly happy that rio was out cos he wouldnt of had to bench a world class CB.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve dont need and will not get any english players , it is just false rumour , he will stay forever with arsenal.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
Nesta, Stam, Puyol, Samuel, Thuram, Cannavaro, Ayala, Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell, Maldini, Cordoba Cavarlo..

Just cos there english doesnt mean there not good. At the moment england are spoiled for choice for CB, i bet sven was actually slightly happy that rio was out cos he wouldnt of had to bench a world class CB.
lucio

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
Wenger Confident On Campbell
11/8/2004 11:14:00 AM
Arsene Wenger is confident that Sol Campbell will sign a new contract and still be playing for Arsenal next season.
The England defender, who is currently injured, has just over six months left to run on his current deal and has been strongly linked with a move to Juventus.

However, Wenger is not expecting a repeat of when Campbell walked out on Tottenham on a bosman free-transfer.

Wenger said: "Listen, I bet you any amount you want that Sol Campbell will play at Arsenal next season.

"I have no doubts that he will be here for the next three or even four seasons. Write that - and if I’m wrong, you can sue me!"
i think he's right, campbell will remain there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

Terry is too mistake prone sometimes, but he does offer a lot on the offensive with his dangerous ability to find goals off of corners. Campbell is also mistake prone, and seems to foul a bit too much. Nesta, for instance, is has none of those negatives. Just because they are English doesn't mean they automatically deserve a spot on a list. :lazy:

Ferdinand is the only world class English stopper.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Ferdinand is the only world class English stopper.
NO! :(

:D

Actually Woodgate if he ever gets fit is a phenomenal defender. Terry and Rio are both also world class. Campbell is just .. just.. oh I don't know he's just wank.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
tommy, why you hate him so much? well ok, hes not the best, but he certainly is one of the best. is it because you hate arsenal?
I hate Arsenal, but I can "unbiasly" state that Sol Campbell is not a world class stopper. Just confer with my TiVo for that one Vil. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)