Camoranesi's Nationality (2 Viewers)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Personally Im not so sure.... His name doesnt sound too Italian, but I do know that Sivori, a fellow Argentinian, played a few games for Italy, scoring 7 goals.

SO you never know.....

Oh yeah, and BTW Scolari it seems is preparing to get Italian Nationality....talk about transfers on the International scene. Not to mention Olisadebe :D

The list goes on and on....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
another Example, Patrick Viera who chose the French Nationality over the Senegalese! (Both Parents where from Senegal)...

Even if Camo is half Italian, do you really think he'll choose playing for the Italian NT over the Argentinian! :rolleyes:

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
I think Camo could make the Arg. squad. I mean who else plays on that side, Ortega? I would prefer Camo' over the slow and predictable Ortega!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
what do u mean nobody on the right!!!!

You forgot the best right wing (or wingback) in the World:
Javier Zanetti

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Zanetti, yeah with brilliant dribble....He's a tough player ;)

About Camo, I thought that he's Italian, but the Nina told me that he's an ARG. Wow, Argentina has lots wonderful midfielder!:cool:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
it's a shame they dont have good keepers or a lot of good defenders......

Italy's case is the opposite of argentina....

Imagine a national team that combines Italy and Argentina!!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
nope....Both his parents are Welsh. he has always been welsh.

the only reason why he played for the U-15 (or something like that) English Team is because he studyed in an English school, thus making him elegiable to play only for that team.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
If your a citizen of any of the 4 or 5 British countires (England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland or Northern Ireland, I'm not entierly sure which countries are included), you can opt to play for any of them you'd like. So if you are Welsh, you can choose to play for England and visa versa. At least thats how I understood it, I guess there is a chance, albeit a small one, I am wrong :D

OP
Nick

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    So i guess that non of you has heard that camo is half italian,right?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i dont think that there is such an option in the British Countries. I've never heard of a Welsh player playing for England.

Besides, if the players had a choice, there would be 0 players playing for Scotland, and Wales.

I read an article about how Giggs said that he had no choice. i dont think what u said is correct.

no i havn't heard about Camo being half Italian. i heard that he comes from italian decent. in other words, he might have had a great-grandfather who was Italian. or his whole family migrated from Italy to Argentina long ago.
    ------

BTW, does anyone know if Trez had a choice between Playing for Argentina or France.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yeah I assume he did. By definition he is "French", born in Rouen to a mixed couple I believe. Spent much of his childhood in the homeland of his father but he always desired to play in the Blue shirt. At age 17 he arrived at Monaco and met another somewhat talented kid named Thierry Henry. ;)

And no I didn't just make that up! :groan:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Nick ] ++
    So i guess that non of you has heard that camo is half italian,right?
    Camoranesi IS AN ITALIAN LAST NAME !!!! He is of Italian background. There are MANY, MANY Italians in South America, going there decades ago for job opportunities.Many of the last names you see playing for these S.American teams are Italian.

Just like myself and BigIzz are American, we come from Italian heritage.( I, myself would play for the Italian NT over the American...sorry Matt !!!)

Maradona is half Italian (his Mom), but, unfortunately chose to play for Argentina

Also, Scolari is half Italian. His fathers family came from Italy, so if he became the NT coach, he wouldnt entirely be a foreigner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)