Camoranesi to pick Italy (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Mauro Camoranesi is likely to play international football with Italy rather than Argentina according to his agent.

The Argentine born ace has dual nationality and is wanted by Azzurri boss Giovanni Trapattoni after his remarkable performances for Juventus this season.

"Considering his club would like to see him play for Italy, in the end I think he'll choose to star for the Azzurri," said Sergio Fortunato.

"Mauro is quite embarrassed with this situation really. He feels like an Argentine and started his career with a Mexican club.

"But he is attracted to Italy because of the interest shown in him by Trapattoni. This is why he is caught between two loves.

"I think it is fundamental in this case to understand who really wants you more. From this point of view Argentina boss Marcelo Bielsa has been quite elusive."

The 26-year-old only arrived at the Stadio Delle Alpi this summer after he was part bought from Verona.

It is expected that Juventus will hold talks with the Serie B outfit this week in a bid to complete his signing.

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
im sure he'd have no probs getting into the team.

im sad cuz argentina need him more. they need another hi-profile player to boost their economic system even if its thru football

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #14
    After the Lazio game it looked like he's really close with the ARG players, hugging Lopez and Simeone in a very friendly way ... :undecide:

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #15
    Mauro Camoranesi has decided for which country he will play international football – but won’t reveal his choice.

The Juventus ace has the option to play for Argentina, the country of his birth, or the Azzurri due to his Italian ancestry.

"I have made up my mind but I’m not revealing what decision I have taken," said the former Verona player.

When asked whether the Azzurri fans would be disappointed, Camoranesi smiled and said: "I’m not falling for that one."

However, speculation suggests that Camoranesi has decided that he wants to star for Argentina despite catching the eye of Giovanni Trapattoni.

Trap has openly admitted that he is interested in using the wide-man as Italy have few alternatives on the right flank at this present time.

Camoranesi hit the headlines again on Sunday when he came off the bench to net a 91st minute winner at Perugia.

Football Italia

Who wants to make a bet? :D I believe he'll pick ARG! :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I believe he'll choose Argentina because he feels more connected to that country (he was born there) and because he thinks Argentina stands better chances of winning trophees.

Though I suspect he won't say the latter reason out loud!

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    he should choose italy..... he will have a bigger chance to be a first choice because italy lack talented wingers like him......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)