Camoranesi out of Champs clash (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Camoranesi out of Champs clash
Friday 6 August, 2004

Juve’s injury worries are mounting ahead of the Champions’ League preliminary round tie, as Mauro German Camoranesi is out of action, while there is a hitch in Adrian Mutu's move.

The Italian international sprained his left knee during training and will not be able to take the field of play for at least two weeks.

This rules him out of the first leg clash with Swedish side Djurgarden on August 10 and will probably make it difficult to recover in time for the second match two weeks later.

It is the latest setback for Fabio Capello’s side, who are already without the injured Pavel Nedved due to the sprained knee he suffered with the Czech Republic in the Euro 2004 semi-final.

With David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero struggling to find form and no replacement signed for Marco Di Vaio, the Bianconeri will have a limited squad for the Stadio Delle Alpi encounter.

Meanwhile, there are fresh reports of problems in their bid for Adrian Mutu, which his agents claimed was all set to be concluded this afternoon.

Italian newspapers believe Chelsea have now asked for Juve to pay his entire wages during the one-season loan spell and fixed his price-tag to make the move permanent at £7m.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Maybe this will force Capello to make a formation that lets Zambro play at RM :extatic:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i think he does make a difference.he's creative and is one of the few players in the team who can actually dribble.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
i think he does make a difference.he's creative and is one of the few players in the team who can actually dribble.
He does make a difference when he's on top of his game, the problem is that happens about every 5th game. Not good enough.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Not to mention he loses the ball 3/4 times when he dribbles :irritate:

I actually happen to like him as a player, but the truth is, he's just not consistent enough

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Camoranesi better get used to sitting on the bench this season, especially if we buy Jankulovski. Mauro would be much more effective if he could play the ball quicker, instead of dribbling, because he is a decent passer of the ball.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I always thought of Zebina as a centre back primarily...are people expecting him to be first choice right back this year ? :eek:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
ditto :D

But my hopes were based on a backline of Thuram Mexes Ferrari and wingbacks Zambrotta and jankulovski...so perhaps a back four is best with our mediocre players :lazy:

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Well... neither, yet :D

Ferrari has never impressed me and Mexes had a bad season last year in the french league. Don't think he's good enough to start in juve yet.

I think Legro will be a lot better this year, he seems to have done quite well in the games so far. Zebina was a part of romas rock-solid backline last season and I think he'll do just fine for us :)

May 30, 2004
Camoranesi getting injured is a big deal hes a part of juventus and zambrotta is da only replacement for him at rm which means dat zamb spot in left back has to be filled up by some 1 not as good... so lets hope camo gets well soon koz hes just as important as anyone else in the team

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Not to mention he loses the ball 3/4 times when he dribbles :irritate:

I actually happen to like him as a player, but the truth is, he's just not consistent enough
camo maybe not consistent enough but who is really consistently good or bad in juve most of da players are inconsistent such as del piero camoranesi, trezeguet and even buffon... da least dat are most of da time consistently good are nedved zambro and thuram in my opinion.. so everyone why keep B******g only about camoranesis inconsistency hes just normal like all da other players they have their good days and their bad days... so lets hope da injury wasnt dat serious koz currently he is irreplacable as zambrotta is settled and plays very well in his spot and juve aint gona buy a winger now its too late and they said emo was da last buy mabe mutu but nothing more... so giv sum support... if he wasnt so good he wuldnt be in juve to strt with and he wuldnt be in da national team either .. think about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)