CALLING ERIK..Holland -v- Argentina - Friendly (1 Viewer)

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Anyone know the dutch players who have been called up?????
Been looking on the knvb website but nothing as yet.....

ps...Erik whats the weather like in Dam, do I need my thermals and 6 fleeces, hat, gloves and scarf??????

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Real Sociedad goalkeeper Sander Westerveld has been rewarded for his outstanding form with a recall to the Netherlands squad to face Argentina in next Wednesday's friendly.

Van der Sar missing
Westerveld, 28, has been a key man in Real's rise to the top of the Primera División table this season. Dutch coach Dick Advocaat turned to him in the continued absence of regular No1 Edwin van der Sar with a broken foot.

Chance for others
However, it is likely that Westerveld will start the game against Argentina on the bench, with PSV Eindhoven's Ronald Waterreus in the first eleven. "Van der Sar's injury is very distressing," said Advocaat. "But these kind of incidents give other players a chance to prove themselves again with the national team."

Strength abroad
The Dutch Eredivisie only provides five players in the 20-man squad - Feyenoord pair Pierre van Hooijdonk and Paul Bosvelt, AFC Ajax's Andy van der Meyde and PSV duo Waterreus and Mark van Bommel.

Czech challenge
The match against the South American team will be the last warm-up for the Dutch before they take on the Czech Republic in a critical UEFA EURO 2004™ qualifier on 29 March. Both teams have yet to concede a goal in achieving two wins from two in Group 3, although the Dutch lead the way having scored six to the Czechs' four.

Hard work starts
"We have had a good year but now the real work starts," said Advocaat. "The next few results will determine if we are going to Portugal or not. Those are the games people will look to, not the ones we have already played."

Netherlands squad
Waterreus, Westerveld, F De Boer, Van Bronckhorst, Reiziger, Ricksen, Stam, Van Bommel, Bosvelt, Cocu, Davids, De Boer, Seedorf, Van der Meyde, Zenden, Kluivert, Hasselbaink, Van Hooijdonk, Makaay, Van Nistelrooij.

uefa.com

Our Dutchy is a bit busy, so I hope this will help a bit :D BTW, why do you like NL NT soo much Suz, because of Davids? :)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Ohh right :howler: :embarass: All the VDs got me confused :angel:

The only thing that comes to my mind Oded is that he might not be in form :undecided: I don't think he's injured, at least I hope so. VDV that is.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Ohh right :howler: :embarass: All the VDs got me confused :angel:

The only thing that comes to my mind Oded is that he might not be in form :undecided: I don't think he's injured, at least I hope so. VDV that is.
That's ok, it is confusing... from now on i should write Rafael Van Der Vaart everytime.

I think it's either he is Injured, or he is still to young for Advocaat... I don't think he's not on form. Erik, where are you? I want to know about Hofland too.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Argentina just beat Mexico with a completely new set of players, including D'Ale. I was told they didn't do very well but with a new team I guess that's understandable.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
yeah- with aimar, and d'ale, and vicente, and riquelme......
Unfortunately neither D'Ale,Roman nor Vicente are in the squad.:down:

OP
Bongiovi

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    Nina,
    I just love the Netherland NT because I think they are the best players in the world....expertise wise, entertaining, exciting...the games are just electric, the Dutch are lovely people, hardly ever get any trouble etc etc....Davids being dutch is just a BIG bonus! No other games I've been to have such an atmosphere...plus Dam is cheap to get to!!!!!!!...only joking

Shame about VDS but Westerveld as had a good season.....just disappointed Crespo is injured, would of liked to see him in action..

I'll be packing my suitcases this weekend with all my fleeces, thermals, gloves, hats, scarfs!..Last time I went it was minus 6, flippin freezin........

OP
    Bongiovi

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    Oh I meant to say as well....thank you for the info Nina!

Martin because of this below......
    Either one is fine with me, though I kinda follow the Argies more closely and would like to see them win it

I have made a little doll of you, I am taking it to Holland with me and all through the match I'm going to stick little pins in it !!!!!!......and if Argentina win I'm going to jump up and down on it!!!!!!!!!!!....haha

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Suzanne - you might want to pack your gloves ;) We've been battered by snow blizzards in the past weeks and eventhough that's over and the snow's pretty much melted away, it's quite cold still! Also - don't forget your umbrella!!

As for the team, Van der Sar and Van der Vaart are injured.

Here's the line-up:

Waterreus (PSV), Westerveld (Real Sociedad)

Frank de Boer (Barcelona), Van Bronckhorst (Arsenal), Reiziger (Barcelona), Ricksen (Glasgow Rangers), Stam (Lazio Roma)

Van Bommel (PSV), Bosvelt (Feyenoord), Cocu (Barcelona), Davids (Juventus), Seedorf (AC Milan), Ronald de Boer (Glasgow Rangers), Zenden (Chelsea), Van der Meyde (Ajax).

Hasselbaink (Chelsea), Van Hooijdonk (Feyenoord), Makaay (Deportivo la Coruna), Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Kluivert (Barcelona).

This defence is sooo nog going to last against the Argies!! What were Advocaat and Van Hanegem thinking?! Were's Hofland? Where's Paauwe?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    That's ok, it is confusing... from now on i should write Rafael Van Der Vaart everytime.

I think it's either he is Injured, or he is still to young for Advocaat... I don't think he's not on form. Erik, where are you? I want to know about Hofland too.
    Rafael is injured and Hofland (like Feyenoord star Van Persie) is found too young by both coaches. Perhaps in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)