Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (55 Viewers)

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
A legal loophole means Juventus’ next Scudetto could still earn them a third ‘star’ on the jersey, as the club can count it as their 30th.

The Bianconeri were stripped of two titles in the Calciopoli scandal, the 2004-05 and 2005-06 campaigns, after former director general Luciano Moggi was found guilty of attempting to influence referees.

The 2005 edition was left unassigned, but the 2006 title went to Inter, who had finished in third place, as runners-up Milan were also penalised in the Calciopoli trial.

Clubs in Italy place a permanent star on their jersey for every 10 Serie A titles won and at the moment Juventus have two.

Although their next Scudetto will legally be counted as the 28th, the club intends to mark the ‘lost’ seasons by putting on a third star.

“Juventus have won 29 Scudetti and soon the third star will arrive,” President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was quoted as saying in Tuttosport.

The real news is that legally there is nothing to prevent the Bianconeri from doing this.

“A club can put however many stars it wants on its shirt. There are no rules defining the question and the Lega Calcio does not have it under its jurisdiction,” explained undersecretary for the Lega Calcio, Fabio Santoro.

“Let’s just say this is an ethical question. If Juventus wanted to put the third star when they won another Scudetto, it would be their choice and certainly not a violation of the rules.

“The only thing we would point out is that for the official Lega Calcio history books the Bianconeri have 27 Scudetti right now and not 29.”

Channel4.com

:bow:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
There is nothing in that. FIGC said we are allowed to put in as many stars as we want as they have no rules for stars on the shirts but that officially we have 27 titles not 29.

OP
gsol

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,250
    I was going to stitch it on myself anyway...now it will look professional at least.

Mark my words, between now and then the FIGC will make a rule prohibiting it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I think this statement was premature.
    What should be done is to put the 3rd star when we win the next scudetto, without pre-announcing it. They would have had no time to change the rule.

Plus, God knows when will we win the next scudetto.
    Cobolli shouldn't have said anything regarding this matter.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    WTF....it wasnt 2 years ago when this management and our lawyer stated that this team was so guilty, that we were lucky not to be sent to Serie C

Gigli should have been saying this shit 2 years ago, and demanding our case go to the European courts

Jul 2, 2006
    Chiellini On Calciopoli: I Received No Pressure From Moggi

Giorgio Chiellini has given evidence in the case against former Juventus director Luciano Moggi and the GEA World Agency, and says he never received any pressure to be a client of the company.

Chiellini is one of many key witnesses in a trial of six men, including Moggi, accused of conspiring to control transfers by intimidating players into signing for the GEA sports management firm.

"I never suffered pressure to be represented by Gea,” testified Chiellini.

“The fact that my agent is Davide Lippi [son of Marcello] proves that I made the right choice."

Earlier this month former Juventus striker Fabrizio Miccoli claimed that Moggi had marginalised him at the club because he did not take the transfer guru’s son, Alessandro, as his agent.

Other key witnesses who have been called to give evidence in this trial, include England manager Fabio Capello, who was boss of Juve from 2004 to 2006, as well as his now right-hand man Franco Baldini.

Anthony Sormani

OP
    gsol

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,257
    That trial is so funny. I’m going to wait until more is published and then I’ll start translating it. I’ll be honest, Calciopoli may have turned out to be a farce eventually but in real time I was pretty worried. The GEA trial has done little more than make me laugh, roll my eyes, and sigh. What a waste of taxpayer money.

OP
    gsol

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,258
    Article from the LA Times:

Juventus might be the most successful and the most popular club in Italy, but there are more than a few reasons not to celebrate the fact that the "Old Lady of Turin," as the club is nicknamed, on Sunday clinched a place in next season's European Champions League qualifying tournament.

One reason is the wrist-slap Juventus received in the wake of the match-fixing and corruption scandal that tore Italy's Serie A apart in 2006. Being demoted to Serie B in 2007 was hardly a punishment befitting the crime. The penalty should have been much more severe.

Why? Because Juventus immediately gained promotion back to Serie A, and, with a 5-2 victory over Lazio on Sunday, it clinched at least third place in the league behind Inter Milan and AS Roma to put it on course for the exceptionally lucrative Champions League.

Coach Claudio Ranieri talked about how that was a just reward for all that the club had been through, and for the work such veteran players as Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Pavel Nedved have put in.

Patting the players on the back is all well and good, but the stain still remains from the days when disgraced former general manager Luciano Moggi and his cohorts were fixing matches.
    By Grahame L. Jones
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-soccer28apr28,0,6567386.story

Response to the article:

To whom it may concern,

An LA Times article recently landed on my desk and I feel the obligation to respond to author Grahame L. Jones for his ill informed attempt to cover a scandal that is obviously well beyond his scope.

In an article entitled “Juventus success does not erase ugly past” Grahame attempts to undermine Juventus’ triumphant return to the European elite with what appears to be references to tabloids, hearsay, and urban legends.

It is hardly uncommon for English based newspapers to use questionable sources in lieu of credible ones when a language barrier exists however I must say, I expected a little more professionalism from the LA Times.

Perhaps instead of utilizing translations from the Inter owned RCS Media Conglomerate’s tabloids like the Gazzetta and the Corriere Mr. Jones would have been wise to reference the actual sentence published by the FIGC after the trial that clearly stated on page 74 that no game was actually fixed. Maybe learning that since the scandal all of Moggi’s “cohorts” have been absolved of any wrongdoing would shock him…but it has occurred. Does Mr. Jones believe that Mr. Moggi was fixing matches by all by himself through telepathic hypnosis?

Before claiming that Juventus’ punishment “hardly fit the crime” he should have learned what that crime was. Again referencing actual trial documents (found on the FIGC’s website in the archive section) it would likely stun him to know that the team’s managers were convicted of unsportsmanlike conduct and not match fixing, an infraction that calls for a 3-5 point penalty and not relegation. That the punishment didn’t fit the crime is correct but his presentation of it was propagandist at best.

In the future it would be beneficial to have your writer’s do proper background research on topics prior to printing an article that will have your readers rolling their eyes. He could start here with the actual sentence publication from the very judges that presided over the tribunal: http://www.figc.it/it/214/2006/07_8/ComunicatoStampa.shtml ...it’s the third link down.

Of course Grahame’s opinion of Italy’s most successful team is far from anyone’s priority list. Our objective is not to convince an uninformed American writer but rather to convince the judges who have already accepted our appeal in the European Courts. We the fans and shareholders have taken this injustice to the proper setting and are adamant that all that belongs to our team will be returned in due time. I wonder if Mr. Jones will be so eager to write an article when all is said and done.

Furthermore I wish to inform Mr. Jones that defamation of character is still a punishable offence across international waters and he wouldn’t be the only one explaining himself if we were to feel inclined. Bigger people than Grahame are currently shaking in their boots knowing that European Judges are looming. If I can offer a suggestion to Mr. Jones it would be to avoid getting our attention.

Socio di Giu Le Mani Dalla Juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)