Calais immigrants (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I know South Asians prefer the UK (and other former British colonies) because they know the language and because they have family members already living there. France might as well be Mogadishu to them.

This whole argument is retarded...at the end of the day people leave their home countries because there's a necessity not because they want to free load (some do once they get there but that's not their goal), and countries absorb immigrants because there's a necessity there as well. I'm far from an expert on the economy but I know there's a demand for warm bodies to do work and if they come cheap then that's even better, not to mention negative birth rates, etc. Again I'm not expert, maybe @Bjerknes and @X can shed some light on this.
You're inviting Andy into the thread? Prepare for some cursing :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Reading the quotes of some migrants who have some utopian garden of Eden in their heads about the UK while France is merde^2 is almost dumbfounding. How badly do people need to believe in fairy tales that the UK will give them free homes and education?
L'herbes est tojour, plus verte chez le voisin.
@Martin, what do you think? :D

I think they already count France as North African country
Who'd blame them, have you been to France? North Africans everywhere!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
L'herbe est toujours plus verte chez le voisin.

I haven't actually tried Duolingo, what's it like?
Damn. Close enough I guess.

Its good for beginners, starts with basic vocabulary and allows you to practice pronunciation as well. I've just started though, so let's see how good it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)