Calais immigrants (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Reading the quotes of some migrants who have some utopian garden of Eden in their heads about the UK while France is merde^2 is almost dumbfounding. How badly do people need to believe in fairy tales that the UK will give them free homes and education?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Reading the quotes of some migrants who have some utopian garden of Eden in their heads about the UK while France is merde^2 is almost dumbfounding. How badly do people need to believe in fairy tales that the UK will give them free homes and education?
grass greener

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's more than just grass being greener. It sounds like people who think they're gonna win the lottery and fairy tales are real. I don't know if that's so much desperation or a need to believe in myths.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I think they already count France as North African country

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's more than just grass being greener. It sounds like people who think they're gonna win the lottery and fairy tales are real. I don't know if that's so much desperation or a need to believe in myths.
They're not coming from places where they're exposed to a lot of accurate information, if any at all.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I can kinda shed some light on this. I have Pakistani friends here who are hand-to-mouth or middle class I guess you could say. Every 5 years or so they go back home after they've saved up anywhere from $10-15k and and they spend that money like crazy over there. They take their family and friends out to dinner, rent luxury cars, furnish their homes, and sometimes just hand out cash to these people. This creates an illusion in peoples minds over there that money somehow appears out of thin air overseas. It doesn't matter what you tell them they can't get that image out of their head. So immigrants insanely perpetuate the delusions.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I can kinda shed some light on this. I have Pakistani friends here who are hand-to-mouth or middle class I guess you could say. Every 5 years or so they go back home after they've saved up anywhere from $10-15k and and they spend that money like crazy over there. They take their family and friends out to dinner, rent luxury cars, furnish their homes, and sometimes just hand out cash to these people. This creates an illusion in peoples minds over there that money somehow appears out of thin air overseas. It doesn't matter what you tell them they can't get that image out of their head. So immigrants insanely perpetuate the delusions.
so you're part of the problem? :D

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
So it's down to socioeconomic reasons. Who would have known?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I totally buy that. What's still perplexing is the "wall" of income that mentally exists between France and the UK, as if France were a third world country.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I totally buy that. What's still perplexing is the "wall" of income that mentally exists between France and the UK, as if France were a third world country.
I know South Asians prefer the UK (and other former British colonies) because they know the language and because they have family members already living there. France might as well be Mogadishu to them.

This whole argument is retarded...at the end of the day people leave their home countries because there's a necessity not because they want to free load (some do once they get there but that's not their goal), and countries absorb immigrants because there's a necessity there as well. I'm far from an expert on the economy but I know there's a demand for warm bodies to do work and if they come cheap then that's even better, not to mention negative birth rates, etc. Again I'm not expert, maybe @Bjerknes and @X can shed some light on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)