bwahahahahahaha (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
"Traditional family values are under attack," Allen informs me. They've been under attack "for the last 40 years". The enemy, this time, is not al-Qaida. The axis of evil is "Hollywood, the music industry". We have an obligation to "save society from moral destruction".
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinions I guess....

The internet is even better than the Bible when it comes to spreading unverifiable, unrefutable stories.
:howler:

"Dig a hole," Gerald Allen recommends, "and dump them in it."
K now it's getting frightening :undecide:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There once was an age when I thought the Republicans were fiscally responsible and also wanted to keep government from meddling in private affairs.

Guess most of my compatriots wanted to vote for a presidency that not only wants to spend like a drunken sailor with credit cards, but also wants to dictate what we watch, what we listen to...

Geof

May 14, 2004
omg this frightening.

It's like going 50 years back in time.

Here in Belgium (also in the Netherlands) marriage between people of the same sex are authorized. Now, I can accept that a part of the population doen't agree with that, but that article is really scary.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
omg this frightening.

It's like going 50 years back in time.

Here in Belgium (also in the Netherlands) marriage between people of the same sex are authorized. Now, I can accept that a part of the population doen't agree with that, but that article is really scary.
Pssst, between you and me; I think our countries might be the only civilised ones on earth.

Good thing we're together in this :cool:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Pssst, between you and me; I think our countries might be the only civilised ones on earth.

Good thing we're together in this :cool:
Dont Norway and Sweden also recognize gay marriages?

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Erik: A law dated of February 28, 2003 consecrates a civil union between homosexuals indeed; it's not been granted the marriage terminology though, nor the same rights either. Adoption for instance. It's still in discussion, let alone has it been voted.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh a Belgian friend of mine told me they were on the same course as Dutch law. Perhaps I misunderstood; on the same cours meaning going in the same direction.

Well, what I said still stands for Holland then.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Oh a Belgian friend of mine told me they were on the same course as Dutch law. Perhaps I misunderstood; on the same cours meaning going in the same direction.

Well, what I said still stands for Holland then.
The problem is that no majority will be reached at the Parliament as long as no clear conduct line can be reached inside each of the main political parties - except perhaps the Ecologists whose majority seems to be in favour of legalizing adoption -, as it is such a sensible subject everyone is being given the freedom of his opinion, as individual.

Hereby I have to admit that I am opposed to the idea. :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. May I ask why?

So this is all taking place on a federal level right? Any chance the states of Belgium could sail their own course?

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. May I ask why?
I think a child needs a mum and a dad. Hope I don't sound homophobic, for I sure am not. I'm probably influenced by my background, and I wouldn't kill nor die to defend this opinion!
So this is all taking place on a federal level right? Any chance the states of Belgium could sail their own course?
States as in provinces? You know that states is strictly a geographical notion in Belgium. I take it you meant regions and communities then. In which case the answer would still be negative as that would be outside their scope! They could still try, but they'd be disclaimed by the Arbitragehof which ordains in case of conflict in competency between federal and federate entities.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
I think a child needs a mum and a dad. Hope I don't sound homophobic, for I sure am not. I'm probably influenced by my background, and I wouldn't kill nor die to defend this opinion!
That is actually the only fair point I've ever heard against it. Contrary to most other arguments (if not all!) this one cannot be just wiped off the table.

I'm sure investigations and research will come in ten year's time to find out if children raised by same sex couples are in any way different or affected by that situation and if the results are published; I'll be sure to tune in. It's a very interesting topic.

States as in provinces? You know that states is strictly a geographical notion in Belgium. I take it you meant regions and communities then. In which case the answer would still be negative as that would be outside their scope! They could still try, but they'd be disclaimed by the Arbitragehof which ordains in case of conflict in competency between federal and federate entities.
No, not provinces. Last thing I heard was that the Belgian provinces have the same authority as the Dutch provinces; effectly none in these matters. I was referring to the regions (Vlaanderen, La Wallonie, Brussel/Bruxelles).

Thanks for informing me. Didn't know that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)