Burqa (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sydney is the heartland of most racism in this country. We also have the most Muslims in Australia and I certainly hear and see plenty of racism and hateful comments by a lot of people.

Disgusting really, so much racism and bullshit here which is whipped up by the right-wing supporting media like the Daily Telegraph (Terrorgraph) and scumbag fucks like Alen Jones and Piers Akerman.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You know, theres a big possibility that i'll study my final semester of my masters degree in Australia. You guys are making me have second thoughts though :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The annoying thing is, you hear a lot of racist comments made by children whose folks were immigrants themselves and would have been subjected to similar racist abuse and remarks.

My old man tells me in the 50s/60/70s when there was massive migration from Italy/Greece/Yugoslav countries etc there was heaps of racism and hate levelled at these ethic groups similar to what you see with Muslims now.

Every generation has copped this crap. I remember here in Sydney in the early to late 90s there was massive backlash to Asian immigration, the usual crap like they're taking our jobs, they're gangsters, they're taking away "Strayan Kulcha"...as if we had one here to begin with (besides playing cricket, meat pies and surfing)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The annoying thing is, you hear a lot of racist comments made by children whose folks were immigrants themselves and would have been subjected to similar racist abuse and remarks.

My old man tells me in the 50s/60/70s when there was massive migration from Italy/Greece/Yugoslav countries etc there was heaps of racism and hate levelled at these ethic groups similar to what you see with Muslims now.

Every generation has copped this crap. I remember here in Sydney in the early to late 90s there was massive backlash to Asian immigration, the usual crap like they're taking our jobs, they're gangsters, they're taking away "Strayan Kulcha"...as if we had one here to begin with (besides playing cricket, meat pies and surfing)
Yeah it is stupid, you hear idiots with the most Australian firstnames and butchered Italian last names going on about being true blue Aussies. It is just the same thing that has happened throughout our history, but this, this is worse IMO, it wont just blow over.Fred it is the ignorant media, the ignorant people...I see it only getting worse though. Dont worry you will be safe here. Where would you go in Aus?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Most likely Wollongong. I study in an Australian university here, there is the option of transferring for a semester or two. I thought why not do the last semester down under.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:lol:
I would say go I mean it is not as if there are people in the street hitting out at Muslims, it is more so stupid media investigations...More than anything it is ignorance.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I probably will. 11 years in the Arab world, one has to change the air a bit. There are quite a few Libyans in Australia, do you know any?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Wollongong is about an hour's drive south of Sydney. Small city, I think around 250,000 people?

Pretty nice city though, great coastline Also a pretty healthy Macedonian, Italian and Greek community down there. Pretty shite nightlife but some nice beaches within the city and also within an hour or two drive from there.

You'll be fine in Aus, Fred. It's just the right wing media who peddle this crap. We are probably the most multi cultural society on earth :tup:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Oh nothing in particular, just that calling other races by the usual derogatory slurs seemed to be the norm with quite a few people I met over there, including fellow work colleagues. Not to say that everyone was going around saying N**ger all the time or whatever, but people were quite casual about using those kinds of words.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Maybe you can meet that obedient, orthodox Libyan girl :klin:
WTF, thats not what i want :D

Wollongong is about an hour's drive south of Sydney. Small city, I think around 250,000 people?

Pretty nice city though, great coastline Also a pretty healthy Macedonian, Italian and Greek community down there. Pretty shite nightlife but some nice beaches within the city and also within an hour or two drive from there.

You'll be fine in Aus, Fred. It's just the right wing media who peddle this crap. We are probably the most multi cultural society on earth :tup:
Ah thanks for the info mate. Sounds good :)

Nope, yeah see a bit more of the world, it is only good for you.
I probably will :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)