Burqa (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I've always wondered that if a burqa is culturally acceptable because men cannot control themselves, then why not instead require men to wear vice-grips on their gonads in public? Same result.
:D

There is a general thinking over here that for whatever crime a man commits against women, women are basically to blame. The best possible thing to do for solving the problem is supposedly to pretend that there is no problem.

Women are banned to go to stadiums in Iran because men are badmouthing each other/players/refs throughout the games and women shouldn't be allowed to hear those dirty talks so they need to get banned from the stadiums and we are fine :D

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
:D

There is a general thinking over here that for whatever crime a man commits against women, women are basically to blame. The best possible thing to do for solving the problem is supposedly to pretend that there is no problem.

Women are banned to go to stadiums in Iran because men are badmouthing each other/players/refs throughout the games and women shouldn't be allowed to hear those dirty talks so they need to get banned from the stadiums and we are fine :D
Are they? Don't get me wrong, Im seriously asking here as I've always thought this too (women not being allowed in stadiums in Iran) until a few months ago I watched glimpses of an Iranian league game, can only remember Asfahan was one of the teams, and there were much to my surprise a group of ladies with the usual hijab but not burqa. And the crowd around them seemed fine with it.

They weren't kids btw, they looked, well big :shifty:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Are they? Don't get me wrong, Im seriously asking here as I've always thought this too (women not being allowed in stadiums in Iran) until a few months ago I watched glimpses of an Iranian league game, can only remember Asfahan was one of the teams, and there were much to my surprise a group of ladies with the usual hijab but not burqa. And the crowd around them seemed fine with it.

They weren't Iranian, I guess.
Some 10 years ago or so one Croatian female reporter was on the pitch in Tehran after the match, interviewing one Croatian player. She was allowed there and she was wearing a hijab too. I remembered that episode and it was the first thing I asked Hoori back when I found out that women can't enter the stadiums. I think her response was that the lady was allowed as a non-Muslim or something.
Hoori can explain that better.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Esfahan, I'm myself from Esfahan. It must have been a game in Asian Champions League somewhere out of Iran.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
They weren't Iranian, I guess.
Some 10 years ago or so one Croatian female reporter was on the pitch in Tehran after the match, interviewing one Croatian player. She was allowed there and she was wearing a hijab too. I remembered that episode and it was the first thing I asked Hoori back when I found out that women can't enter the stadiums. I think her response was that the lady was allowed as a non-Muslim or something.
Hoori can explain that better.
Non-Iranian women are allowed to go to stadiums (in International games) if they wear hijab :agree:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Non-Iranian women are allowed to go to stadiums (in International games) if they wear hijab :agree:
It makes sense if not hearing the curses is the reason why they're not letting you enter the stadiums.
As non-Iranians, those women won't even understand the bad words, so no need to keep them out of the stadium :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There is no problem here.

(OK, that's Iraq and not Iran but...)

One of my favorite chapters in How Soccer Explains the World by Frankin Foer concerns the women who were allowed to break social norms when entering soccer stadiums in Iran.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
It's good that the women are being protected here, although, in theory, I don't like how they can just ban someone from choosing to wear a burqa.
Is it? Can we not make our own decisions and choose whether or not to listen to some profanity? And how much of it is protection, I would imagine a lot of it is exclusion.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It makes sense if not hearing the curses is the reason why they're not letting you enter the stadiums.
As non-Iranians, those women won't even understand the bad words, so no need to keep them out of the stadium :D
So because men use dirty talks in stadiums, women must be banned from going there? You let the guilty go and ban the victim, eh? :D

And if women decide that they don't mind hearing those curses, why do they have to be protected against their will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)