Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #102
    By the parents I suppose. I can say that 90% of Arab women are forced by their parents/relatives and society.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #104
    Btw Fred, if you had to choose between a girl wearing a Hijab and another girl not wearing a Hijab and both of them have the same characteristic, same beauty, same mentality. Which one would you pick?

Others can answer this one too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    By the parents I suppose. I can say that 90% of Arab women are forced by their parents/relative and society.
    Big statement your making there. I don't agree, i know of several women who are independant and work and make a living for themselves and choose to wear Hijab.

There are several who never wore it when they were young and chose to wear it later on in their lives too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Btw Fred, if you had to choose between a girl wearing a Hijab and another girl not wearing a Hijab and both of them have the same characteristic, same beauty, same mentality. Which one would you pick?

Others can answer this one too.

Ideally, if they had the same characteristics, i'd definitely go for the one wearing Hijab.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #109
    Big statement your making there. I don't agree, i know of several women who are independant and work and make a living for themselves and choose to wear Hijab.

There are several who never wore it when they were young and chose to wear it later on in their lives too.
    I don't think there are too many of them.

And I also think that there are several women forced to wear Hijab but publicly they pretend that they chose this and that they're satisfied.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Hey we're all in a virtual burqa on these forums...does that bother anyone? Matter of fact the only time anyone's attitude has changed towards someone on here is when they find out someone is a girl..."you're a girl?? Post a pic, post a pic!" You start seeing a lot of :eyebrows: smileys and sudden influx of flirtation takes over the forums.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    And I also think that there are several women forced to wear Hijab but publicly they pretend that they chose this and that they're satisfied.
    I said the same once and I was, perhaps rightfully, attacked by Fred and Ze for talking out of my ass.
    I indeed couldn't prove something like that.

But you did live in a Muslim society and I guess that what you say is more than just an opinion, right?

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #115
    Hey we're all in a virtual burqa on these forums...does that bother anyone?
    What's with this attitude?

I said the same once and I was, perhaps rightfully, attacked by Fred and Ze for talking out of my ass.
    I indeed couldn't prove something like that.

But you did live in a Muslim society and I guess that what you say is more than just an opinion, right?
    That and I had too many Muslim friends abroad, Romania and some other countries.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    That and I had too many Muslim friends abroad, Romania and some other countries.
    That too.
    Its a growing trend now in Egypt for girls to wear open clothes under the covered ones. They stop in the nearest place where there is a bathroom and they take the veil and closed clothes off. They put them on again before they go home.

The cases i've seen where mostly of women working at cafe's and clothes stores. Their areas of residence and families wouldnt be happy about it so they just have to pretend in front of them.

I also see cases of girls wearing veils out of choice. My cousin wore it when she was 14 without her crazy father forcing it on her. I dont think he'd be happy if she took it off though.

Its frowned upon to take off the veil if you used to wear one. My mom did that and my father went nuts over it a long time ago. She passed away a couple of years later so i dunno whether it would still bother him or not if she was alive.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    To answer all the why questions.

First off, what i said does not mean i will necessarily go for a girl that wears Hijab, but if two girls are the exact same and one wears a hijab and the other doesn't, i would choose the one wearing a Hijab. Simply because the former is more compatible with my ideals.

Also if i did marry a woman that doesn't wear a Hijab, i would still try to convince her to wear one. Of course i would want her to be convinced and not wear it just to please me, as that would not serve any purpose imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)